Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin 48 posts 69 karma points
    Dec 24, 2010 @ 01:58
    Martin

Blog4Umbraco comments

I currently think I will have to switch comments off and hiding them entirely, because off two key things:

1. Forcing comments to be moderated
    2. An interface to allow moderation per blog (I've switched off the dashboard panel, as users will only have access to their root node)

Does anyone know any ways around the second of these? (I've been a few bodges for the first, though it would be nice to alert new comments via email - driven by a recursive property perhaps).

Thanks,

Martin

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Dec 26, 2010 @ 01:24
    Kim Andersen

Hi Martin!

You want to remove the comment function totally? If that's the case, you should be able to just delete or outcomment the macro that creates the "write comment"-form, and also the one that lists the comments on the frontend. Then the users can't create more comments, as there will be no form to write it in.

Is that what you are after?

/Kim A

• sun 403 posts 395 karma points
    Dec 26, 2010 @ 02:43
    sun

I think that he mean all comments must let him to decide which to publish and which not before comments published.

steps:

1. member post comments,

2. user select which comments can be published and which must delete.

3.only publish some comments which user wants

I spent some times to find this function, but I found nothing.

• Martin 48 posts 69 karma points
    Dec 29, 2010 @ 16:22
    Martin

I've now removed the front end bits that allow the comments to be added, plus removed all of the admin related buttons that allow comments to be modified.

IMHO the commenting side of the Blog4Umbraco plug-in is pretty weak compared to the rest of the tool.

Thanks for the replies though folks.

Martin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft