Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    Dec 09, 2010 @ 16:50
    Connie DeCinko

Create Package - Package URL

Is there any documentation for creating a package, other than what can be found in the forum?  It appears there used to be but it never made it to this site.

On the first screen, what is supposed to go in the Package URL field?

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Dec 09, 2010 @ 17:07
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Connie,

The Package URL field is to let users know where they can find out more information about the package.  Usually we just set this to the Our Umbraco project page, but it can be any URL.

The rest of the fields should be fairly self explanatory.

Best of luck!

Cheers, Lee.

Dec 09, 2010 @ 17:10
    Connie DeCinko

Lee,

Ok, that makes sense. I thought maybe that was where you wanted the package to be saved. Very cool tool which will save me lots of time and frustration creating packages from scratch to move from dev to production.

Connie

• Matt Brailsford 4123 posts 22194 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Dec 09, 2010 @ 17:14
    Matt Brailsford

Hey Connie,

If you are planning on making a few packages, and you are familiar with build scripts, you may also want to checkout my blog post on creating packages using MSBuild. Saves so much time in the long run:

http://blog.mattbrailsford.com/2010/11/13/automating-umbraco-package-creation-using-msbuild/

If it's just for moving content from 1 site to another though, you may also want to checkout courier aswell (v2 is going to be aswesome):

http://umbraco.org/products/more-add-ons/courier

Failing that, the package builder should tide you over =)

Matt

Dec 09, 2010 @ 17:22
    Connie DeCinko

All good information.  Anything I can do to make my admin happy so all he has to do is click a button to install, click another to back it out. 

What happens when you install a package that already exists?  Does it duplicate or automatically update?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft