Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jjdunkel 8 posts 28 karma points
    Nov 01, 2010 @ 21:25
    jjdunkel

If interested please vote for NopCommerce feature

I added a feature request for NopCommerce to integrate Umbraco for their CMS needs.  If this feature gets enough votes to be implemented, it would also give the Umbraco community an open-source commerce option.  I would love to see these two fine communities and products work together.

http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/9753

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Nov 02, 2010 @ 09:23
    Rich Green

Scroll down to Matt Brailsfords video here http://umbracoukfestival.co.uk/

Matt integrates NopCommerce & Umbraco live.

Rich

Nov 03, 2010 @ 06:28
    jjdunkel

Rich,

Thank you very much for pointing this video out for me.  It inspires me to do some experimenting to see if i can duplicate some of Matt's example :)  I'll also have to contact him for any notes he has for things that weren't clear/included in the time limited presentation.

John

• Matt Brailsford 4123 posts 22194 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Nov 03, 2010 @ 09:34
    Matt Brailsford

Hey John,

I'm hopefully going to find some time soon to zip up the basic integration so people can have a pick through the source. It'll pretty much remain a proof of concept from my end, as the whole idea really was to show a simple way to integrate a third party solution with Umbraco, which nopCommerce was the example. That being said, it's a totally viable solution, and there is nothing stopping anybody from running with it. My aim was to show what is possible in a relativley small timescale, and to inspire people to try things out.

I'll be sure to keep you updated of ay releases though =)

Cheers

Matt

Nov 03, 2010 @ 19:29
    jjdunkel

Hi Matt,

Thank you very much for chiming in :)  If you could put together the information that would be great, I plan on trying the basic integration myself in the meantime, but it would be great to be able to do some comparisons if/when i run into any challenges.  I noticed the sitemap dll in the projects section, so I can play with that too.  I'm hoping what I learn from attempting what you did will also help me figure out a way to integrate Umbraco with other shopping carts like AspDotNetStorefront.

Thanks,

John

Nov 04, 2010 @ 23:03
    Matt Brailsford

FYI, I've just blogged about my Umbraco + nopCommerce session at UmbUKFest, including a sample project download

http://blog.mattbrailsford.com/2010/11/04/integrating-3rd-party-systems-with-umbraco-umbraco-nopcommerce/

Many thanks

Matt

Nov 10, 2010 @ 00:08
    jjdunkel

Hi Matt,

Since i'd rather try to understand everything you've done with this so far than to beg you to update this every time a new version of either project comes out....:)

I understand the idea of membership, but i get a bit thrown of when trying to get 2 custom membership utilizing systems to work together, so i was wondering if you could elaborate a bit on how you integrated the two in this case.  I see that you referenced both "stock" membership providers, but looks like you created a new rolemanager provider:

<roleManager enabled="true" cacheRolesInCookie="false" defaultProvider="NopRoleManagerSqlProvider" cookieName=".NopCommerceRoles" cookiePath="/" cookieTimeout="30" cookieRequireSSL="false" cookieSlidingExpiration="true" createPersistentCookie="false" cookieProtection="All">
      <providers>
        <clear/>
        <add name="UmbracoRoleProvider" type="umbraco.providers.members.UmbracoRoleProvider"/>
        <!--<add name="NopRoleManagerSqlProvider" type="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Profile.StoreRoleProvider, Nop.BusinessLogic"               connectionStringName="NopSqlConnection" applicationName="NopCommerce"/> -->

<add name="NopRoleManagerSqlProvider" type="UmbNop.Web.StoreRoleProvider" connectionStringName="NopSqlConnection" applicationName="NopCommerce"/>
      </providers>
    </roleManager>

Which references the App_Code/StoreRoleProvider.cs.  Is this importing nopcommerce defined roles into umbraco?

Thanks,

John

Nov 10, 2010 @ 08:39
    Matt Brailsford

Hey John,

Sure thing.

The membership providers are probably the area where you are going to find most problems joining 2 systems together. In my example, I opted for the simplest option, which is to use the roles and members from nopCommerce, instead of those from Umbraco (We are just talking Members here. Users continue to be defined in Umbraco). My reason for this is that nopCommerce has certain required fields on a user / role, where as Umbraco doesn't, so as I say, I went for the simplest option.

So why didn't I just use the nopCommerce providers out of the box? Well, whilst I am using the nopCommerce providers, I still wanted to be able to use the security features within Umbraco (locking down sections of a site by role etc) which unfortunatley you can't do with the pure nopCommerce providers, as they do not 100% implement the Membership/Role provider interfaces, so the class you see in the App_Code folder, is a simple extention of the default nopCommerce role provider, but inplementing the required methods needed to work with Umbraco security.

Once you have this role provider setup, you should also see the nopCommerce roles appear in the members section of Umbraco. To prevent confusion, I would probably recommend that you just hide the Members section (Uncheck the checkbox in your Users allowed sections) and just stick with managing these via the nopCommerce interface.

As I say, I went for the simplest option, and if you are starting from a fresh, this should probably be ok for you. If you are starting with an existing Umbraco site within an existing Member base, this may get a little bit more dificuilt.

Hopefully this explains why my project is setup as it is, and give you a bit more information about using the nopCommerce Membership/Roles with Umbraco.

Any other questions, let me know.

Cheers

Matt

Nov 11, 2010 @ 08:14
    jjdunkel

Hi Matt,

I've been making some progress with duplicating your efforts which has done a couple things:  1. Taught me alot about Umbraco, as this is the first thing i've ever done with it.  2. Given me an appreciation of just how much work you put into this integration example.

I've got another question for you...just think...if I ask enough of these...I will eventually get enough Karma to spread some around :)

I noticed that when you created templates to duplicate the nopcommerce master pages, you left the Umbraco content placeholders around the code copied from the original master pages(including the content placeholders originally in the master pages).  Is there a need or advantage to this or was it just personal preference, etc?

Thanks,

John

Nov 11, 2010 @ 10:10
    Matt Brailsford

Hi John,

You want the root master page to inherit from the main umbraco master page yes, as this allows the templates to be used by both nopCommerce and Umbraco at the same time.

Beyond that, you can use the content placeholders in whatever way you see fit.

Cheers

Matt

Nov 12, 2010 @ 06:07
    jjdunkel

Hi Matt,

I have a working integration :)  I used your project as a reference whenever I got stuck and in the end  I copied your images and the 2 class files you added to the app_code folder(along with the rolemanager reference in the web.config).  It was a fun experience and gave me a good starting primer on the use of Umbraco.  I still have a bunch to learn and the next integration I attempt will be the true test of what I've learned.

Thank you very much for making the video, materials and answers available.

Thanks,

John

Nov 15, 2010 @ 10:31
    Matt Brailsford

Hey John,

No problem. Glad you got something out of it.

Many thanks

Matt

• Abhinandan 1 post 21 karma points
    Mar 17, 2011 @ 09:51
    Abhinandan

Hey John

Have you used nopCommerce 1.9 for integration? The integration example that Matt (thanks for this) has given utilizes nopCommerce 1.8. I would appreciate if someone can tell me either of the following

1. How to upgrade Matt's example to utilize nopComerce 1.9

2. If someone has already combined Umbraco v. 4.7 and nopCommerce 1.9

Thanks a ton in advance

- Abhinandan

• James Crockart 1 post 21 karma points
    Mar 28, 2011 @ 14:06
    James Crockart

Hi Matt,

Your work has been very useful to me :-)

About the only thing I've been struggling with is generating a site-map combing Umbraco pages and NOP Prodcuts.

I'd settle for the NOP products due to the richer data set but "sitemapSEO.aspx" just draws me a 404 error.

Have you any suggestions or hints?

--UPDATE

Well I just copied sitemapSEO.aspx into a protected directory (/files) and it worked - now the problem remains is to combine an Umbraco site-map with the NOP sitemap...

Kind Regards,
    James

• Wouter Maurissen 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jul 06, 2011 @ 17:22
    Wouter Maurissen

I got this working with umbraco 4.7 and nopCommerce 1.9. You can basically just follow along with Matt's example, but you'll have to do the web.config merging yourself. Copying the one Matt made available is obviously not going to work, because a few things have changed since umb 4.5 / nop 1.80.

You will also have to edit StoreRoleProvider.cs:

public class StoreRoleProvider : NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Profile.StoreRoleProvider
        {
            public override string[] GetAllRoles()
            {
                var roles = new List<string>();
                if (InstallerHelper.ConnectionStringIsSet())
                {               
                    foreach (CustomerRole role in IoC.Resolve<ICustomerService>().GetAllCustomerRoles())
                    {
                        roles.Add(role.Name);
                    }
                }
                return roles.ToArray();
            }
        }

If anyone is interested in the web.config, I'll be glad to provide it.

Thank you Matt for the very usable example!

• Vitaly Melnikov 6 posts 29 karma points
    Dec 15, 2011 @ 02:24
    Vitaly Melnikov

Hi All

We integrated Umbraco 4.7 and nopCommerce 2+.

working sample here

• Darren McManaway 4 posts 24 karma points
    Apr 10, 2012 @ 07:56
    Darren McManaway

Hi people - I have just finished integrating Umbraco 4.7.1.1 and nopCommerce.
    While I am yet to do the front end stuff I picture that been straight forward - all the objects are there and the code should just be cut and paste.

The whole thing was actually fairly straight forward - all thanks to Matt's great video.

I'll be packaging this up and using for my base project for the next wee while until I'm 100% comfy with Umbraco 5.

This honestly adds a whole new dimension to Umbraco - combined they are a very powerful package indeed!

If anyone wants this package feel free to email me - but just give me 24 hours to test further and create the controls for the front end stuff.

Cheers!
    :)

• Atam 1 post 21 karma points
    Apr 21, 2012 @ 10:12
    Atam

Hi Darren,

I'm new to Umbraco but am looking for an ecommerce solution and am very interested in your work concerning nopCommerce integration with Umbrace 5+.

How is that going?

Greets

Atam

• Darren McManaway 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jun 16, 2012 @ 01:00
    Darren McManaway

It's going well Atam!

We have nopCommerce intergrated into Umbraco 4.7.1 and it's running well enough for a go live - it can be seen at;
    www.vegeme.co.nz

It's still a work in progress with a few fiddles here and there - but nothing related to nopCommerce (other than a little CSS here and there). I have built this site on the side and as a 'one man band' - so it's probably going to go on for ever... lol...

But at the end of the day - nopecommerce and Umbraco 4.7.1 intergrate nicely - and it's fairly straight forward.

Cheers!
    :)

• Simon steed 374 posts 686 karma points
    Sep 05, 2012 @ 10:57
    Simon steed

Anyone integrated nop 2.6.5 (think it's now MVC) into Umbraco 4.7.x at all?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft