Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Yovav Gad 41 posts 62 karma points
    Aug 09, 2010 @ 18:24
    Yovav Gad

How to add a property and apply it to a user control at all levels ?

I've created a user control with a true/false property and set it up as a macro on my main template (master page)

I want to be able to set that property to true of false from any page that inherit that template and pass it to the user control at the main template (master page)

How can I receive the value and inject it to the property of my user control ?

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Aug 09, 2010 @ 18:37
    Tom Fulton

You can pass in the property value recursively by replacing the [#myProperty] with [$myProperty]

This will have it find the value by recursing parent nodes and using the first node that has that property set.

IE:

<umbraco:Macro MyProperty="[$myPropertyAlias]" Alias="MyMacro" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro>

• Sascha Wolter 615 posts 1101 karma points
    Aug 09, 2010 @ 18:40
    Sascha Wolter

Hi Yovav,

have a look at the advanced parameter syntax here: http://umbraco.org/documentation/books/macro-parameters-syntax/advanced-parameter-syntax.

Using recursive page values should be what you are looking for. When the .Net control is placed on the master page the actual value will be determined by first by the current page (if the value is set), otherwise by it's parent (if that value is set) and so forth.

Hope that helps,
    Sascha

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft