Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gary Smith 27 posts 47 karma points
    Aug 04, 2010 @ 18:14
    Gary Smith

Question about which code tree in codeplex

I'm trying to get umbraco to working from a source build instead of a binary install.  I downloaded latest and used the files from releases/umbraco 4.5.  I noticed that things in the trunk look different than the 4.5.  If I want the latest, should I be using the trunk?

The specific problem I have is installing 4.5 with MySql.  If you look into the 4.5 MySqlInstaller.cs file, the versions are 4 and 4_1 whereas in the trunk they are both 4.  I was unable to complete the install without tweaking the 4_1 lines to match.

Please advise.

Thanks.

• Morten Christensen 596 posts 2773 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Aug 05, 2010 @ 10:01
    Morten Christensen

Hi Gary,

If you are looking for the latest MySQL additions you probably want to be looking at version 4.5.1. And from what I can see in the checkins they all seem to be committed to /branches/4.1.0/ and not /releases/umbraco 4.5/

Might also be worth having a go with the nightly builds: http://nightly.umbraco.org/ ?

- Morten

• Gary Smith 27 posts 47 karma points
    Aug 05, 2010 @ 17:54
    Gary Smith

Motren,

Thanks for the follow up.  I'll look into both the 4.1 and the nightly build code.  I've manage to stabalize the application.  I had missed datalyer=MySql in the connection string and basically I started again with the 4.5 from scratch and it's working fine (or at least it's working) now.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft