Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Adriano Fabri 459 posts 1602 karma points
    Jul 17, 2010 @ 02:25
    Adriano Fabri

Umbraco 4.5 - Problems when save & publish package

I have updated my package to be compatible with umbraco 4.5

When I create the package I receive an error:

A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (ctl00$body$tb_actions="<Action runat="insta...").

After some tests I found the problem in the "Package Actions" section.
    My package create a tree node and this is the code (already used for umbraco 4.0.x.x)

<Action runat="install" alias="addApplicationTree" silent="false" initialize="true" sortOrder="6" applicationAlias="developer" treeAlias="houseKeeping" treeTitle="Housekeeping" iconOpened="folder_o.gif" iconClosed="folder.gif" assemblyName="FALMHousekeeping" treeHandlerType="loadHouseKeeping" action="" />

If I remove this code the package is saved correctly

This is the stack trace of the error:

Valore potenzialmente pericoloso Request.Form rilevato dal client (ctl00$body$tb_actions="<Action runat="insta...").Source file: c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\45fd5400\8bd1a1e6\App_Web_editpackage.aspx.5d1c7564.u2wgxejz.0.cs     Row: 0 

Stack Trace:
    [HttpRequestValidationException (0x80004005): Valore potenzialmente pericoloso Request.Form rilevato dal client (ctl00$body$tb_actions="<Action runat="insta...").]
    System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateString(String value, String collectionKey, RequestValidationSource requestCollection) +8730676
    System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateNameValueCollection(NameValueCollection nvc, RequestValidationSource requestCollection) +122
    System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form() +114
    System.Web.HttpRequest.get_HasForm() +8896047
    System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod(Boolean dontReturnNull) +97
    System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode() +69
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +8431
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +253
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +78
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +21
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
    ASP.umbraco_developer_packages_editpackage_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\45fd5400\8bd1a1e6\App_Web_editpackage.aspx.5d1c7564.u2wgxejz.0.cs:0
    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +100
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Version Information: Version of Microsoft .NET Framework:4.0.30319; Version of ASP.NET:4.0.30319.1

Any suggestions?

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 17, 2010 @ 09:21
    Sebastiaan Janssen

This sounds like a bug to me, you should report it on Codeplex.

For now, you could just turn request validation off in the web.config, but don't leave it like that if you're going to deploy the site that you're creating this package in!

<configuration>
       <system.web>
          <pages validateRequest="false" />
       </system.web>
    </configuration>

• Adriano Fabri 459 posts 1602 karma points
    Jul 28, 2010 @ 16:26
    Adriano Fabri

Thanks Sebastiaan but I receive the same error message

A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (ctl00$body$tb_actions="<Action runat="insta...")

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft