Umbracians for Unicef - the friendly fundraising
In the spirit of holidays and humanity, we started a fundraising for Unicef. You won't believe what we could change if every visitor on Our Umbraco donated a dollar or euro. Click and find out!
Umbraco 4.0.3 / ASP.NET 3.5 / Windows Server 2003/ MS SQL Server 2005
I have created approx 8000 published nodes and trying to update cahce but it fails after running some time. Looks like some of nodes have been added to umbraco cache file but not all of 8000.
I have tried 'Republish entire site' and 'Publish' options.
Any help would be highly appreciated
Make a copy of the umbraco.config file (in your data folder) and delete it or just rename it. Then do the 'Republish Entire Site', it will recreate the 'cache' or XML file of all the nodes. Sometimes the file can just go weird.
I have removed it and tried 'republishing entire site' many times, but it didn't work. When i pulish the folder, it displays number of published documents and at 400+, restarts counting from 1 again
The display number doesn´t always work. If you look at the size of you umbraco.config file does it still get bigger if the count restart from 1 again? If it is the nodes are still being published and you should probably just wait.
Publishing problems are often caused by lucene indexing, so perhaps disabling that will help
Also, in your web.config you could try to increase the
executionTimeout = "number"
executionTimeout = "number"
Inside the httpRuntime tag.
Did you check the umbracoLog-table? There might be a clue.
Could be corrupt data in some node/document.
Error updating item: umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelperException: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteNonQuery ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Arithmetic overflow error converting expression to data type datetime.The statement has been terminated. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(SqlConnection connection, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter commandParameters) at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter commandParameters) at umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelpers.SqlServer.SqlServerHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, SqlParameter parameters) at umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, IParameter parameters) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, IParameter parameters) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.DefaultData.set_Value(Object value)
Looks like breaking at converting data to DateTime
Umbraco 4.0.3 has had a problem with datepicker datatypes, caused by a bug in the datalayer code.
There was a fix released that might help you out.
Some relevant links in this post (also link to a build containing the fix):
Does this problem also occur if you only publish a few nodes or maybe just the second lowest level - or only when doing a complete (re)publish?
I'm wondering if the exception can be traced to a single node, document type or data type.
If i publish even a single page, publishing is ok but in audit trial, following message is recorded
Error removing node from umbraco index: 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\PROJECTS\XYZ\trunk\wwwroot\data\_systemUmbracoIndexDontDelete\_ze.fnm'. File name: 'C:\PROJECTS\XYZ\trunk\wwwroot\data\_systemUmbracoIndexDontDelete\_ze.fnm' at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) at Lucene.Net.Store.FSIndexInput.Descriptor..ctor(FSIndexInput enclosingInstance, FileInfo file, FileAccess mode) at Lucene.Net.Store.FSIndexInput..ctor(FileInfo path) at Lucene.Net.Store.FSDirectory.OpenInput(String name) at Lucene.Net.Index.FieldInfos..ctor(Directory d, String name) at Lucene.Net.Index.SegmentReader.Initialize(SegmentInfo si) at Lucene.Net.Index.SegmentReader.Get(Directory dir, SegmentInfo si, SegmentInfos sis, Boolean closeDir, Boolean ownDir) at Lucene.Net.Index.IndexReader.AnonymousClassWith.DoBody() at Lucene.Net.Store.Lock.With.Run() at Lucene.Net.Index.IndexReader.Open(Directory directory, Boolean closeDirectory) at Lucene.Net.Index.IndexReader.Open(String path) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.index.Indexer.RemoveNode(Int32 Id)'