Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Scott Blomfield 30 posts 57 karma points
    Dec 28, 2009 @ 15:01
    Scott Blomfield

Create dialog - only showing simple.ascx

I've added a custom section to umbraco for a new project I am working on, and under it I have several trees. These are all loading correctly, and functioning except for Create. If I set the usercontrol to /create/simple.ascx (as per other items in UI.xml) everything works as expected, and for some trees this will be acceptable behavior. However, for most of my trees I will have required fields beyond just the alias.

Right now I am just tackling a tree that has one additional field that is an int, so I am attempting to repurpose the TypeID property - this would all work fine, but no matter what I set in UI.xml, only Simple.ascx shows.

Does anyone have any insight here as to what could be going on? I'd really like to get on with developing this new package - and the umbraco admin seems to me the right place to put the configuration for it, so I'd love to be able to use this.

In addition, does anyone have any thoughts as to how I would go about extending the create dialog to include more data, but still use the generic task framework that umbraco provides? Perhaps I have missed something...

Runtime info: Umbraco 4.0.3, ASP.NET v3.5, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, IIS 7.1

Thanks,

Scott

• Scott Blomfield 30 posts 57 karma points
    Dec 30, 2009 @ 13:18
    Scott Blomfield

Shaming myself here a little ... I had two entries in the xml file for that alias. The first one had no usercontrol element. Just in case someone ends up searching for this same problem - check for duplicate nodes in your UI.xml.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft