Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jon Dunfee 199 posts 468 karma points
    May 27, 2014 @ 17:23
    Jon Dunfee

Excessive amount of log entries with new Member model in v6.2

Debugging with logging enabled, I'm receiving for every call several sets of the following:

2014-05-27 11:18:39,727 [101] WARN  Umbraco.Core.Models.Member - [Thread 85] An attempt was made to set a value on the property 'LastLoginDate' on type Umbraco.Core.Models.Member but the property type umbracoMemberLastLogin does not exist on the member type, ensure that this property type exists so that setting this property works correctly.

2014-05-27 11:18:39,737 [101] WARN  Umbraco.Core.Models.Member - [Thread 85] Trying to access the 'PasswordQuestion' property on Umbraco.Core.Models.Member but the umbracoMemberPasswordRetrievalQuestion property does not exist on the member type so a default value is returned. Ensure that you have a property type with alias: umbracoMemberPasswordRetrievalQuestion configured on your member type in order to use the 'PasswordQuestion' property on the model correctly.

2014-05-27 11:18:39,737 [101] WARN  Umbraco.Core.Models.Member - [Thread 85] Trying to access the 'Comments' property on Umbraco.Core.Models.Member but the umbracoMemberComments property does not exist on the member type so a default value is returned. Ensure that you have a property type with alias: umbracoMemberComments configured on your member type in order to use the 'Comments' property on the model correctly.

2014-05-27 11:18:39,737 [101] WARN  Umbraco.Core.Models.Member - [Thread 85] Trying to access the 'IsApproved' property on Umbraco.Core.Models.Member but the umbracoMemberApproved property does not exist on the member type so a default value is returned. Ensure that you have a property type with alias: umbracoMemberApproved configured on your member type in order to use the 'IsApproved' property on the model correctly.

2014-05-27 11:18:39,737 [101] WARN  Umbraco.Core.Models.Member - [Thread 85] Trying to access the 'IsLockedOut' property on Umbraco.Core.Models.Member but the umbracoMemberLockedOut property does not exist on the member type so a default value is returned. Ensure that you have a property type with alias: umbracoMemberLockedOut configured on your member type in order to use the 'IsLockedOut' property on the model correctly.

2014-05-27 11:18:39,737 [101] WARN  Umbraco.Core.Models.Member - [Thread 85] Trying to access the 'LastLoginDate' property on Umbraco.Core.Models.Member but the umbracoMemberLastLogin property does not exist on the member type so a default value is returned. Ensure that you have a property type with alias: umbracoMemberLastLogin configured on your member type in order to use the 'LastLoginDate' property on the model correctly.

2014-05-27 11:18:39,737 [101] WARN  Umbraco.Core.Models.Member - [Thread 85] Trying to access the 'LastLoginDate' property on Umbraco.Core.Models.Member but the umbracoMemberLastLogin property does not exist on the member type so a default value is returned. Ensure that you have a property type with alias: umbracoMemberLastLogin configured on your member type in order to use the 'LastLoginDate' property on the model correctly.

2014-05-27 11:18:39,737 [101] WARN  Umbraco.Core.Models.Member - [Thread 85] Trying to access the 'LastPasswordChangeDate' property on Umbraco.Core.Models.Member but the umbracoMemberLastPasswordChangeDate property does not exist on the member type so a default value is returned. Ensure that you have a property type with alias: umbracoMemberLastPasswordChangeDate configured on your member type in order to use the 'LastPasswordChangeDate' property on the model correctly.

2014-05-27 11:18:39,737 [101] WARN  Umbraco.Core.Models.Member - [Thread 85] Trying to access the 'LastLockoutDate' property on Umbraco.Core.Models.Member but the umbracoMemberLastLockoutDate property does not exist on the member type so a default value is returned. Ensure that you have a property type with alias: umbracoMemberLastLockoutDate configured on your member type in order to use the 'LastLockoutDate' property on the model correctly.

• Chris Van Oort 110 posts 370 karma points
    May 30, 2014 @ 22:56
    Chris Van Oort

I'm noticing the same thing in Umbraco 6.2.1; anyone have any ideas how we can cut down on these being logged?

• cmm 20 posts 122 karma points
    Jun 26, 2014 @ 17:10
    cmm

I'm noticing the same thing also.. I'm also upgrade to umbraco 6.2.1

• Steve Brown 125 posts 290 karma points
    Jul 30, 2014 @ 15:34
    Steve Brown

I'm having the same issue as well. I'm seeing about logging an issue. I'll post back here if I find anything out.

• Arjan H. 221 posts 457 karma points c-trib
    Nov 20, 2014 @ 15:41
    Arjan H.

Issue is still present in version 6.2.4.

Nov 26, 2014 @ 16:44
    Arjan H.

Anyone dealing with the same issue? Please vote for the issue here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-5341

Nov 26, 2014 @ 17:08
    Arjan H.

I ended up fixing this by adding a dummy property to my existing member type. This triggers Umbraco to automatically add the missing member properties.

IMPORTANT NOTE: When Umbraco automatically adds the missing properties to the member type, the umbracoMemberApproved property for all existing members of that type is set to FALSE. So members will not be able to log in until you manually set the property for each member to TRUE. In my case there were only a dozen members in the database, but if you have tons of members in the database this will be an issue! Newly created members will have the umbracoMemberApproved property set to TRUE.

Dec 01, 2014 @ 16:58
    Steve Brown

Thank you Arjan, I can confirm that your workaround worked for me, too. I had 800+ members, so I updated all users' umbracoMemberApproved property in the database with an UPDATE. I found the relevant property type id in table cmsPropertyType, and the member properties themselves are stored in table cmsPropertyData.

edit: I also had to go into the Members section in back office and expand the folders containing all the members, seems like that established the new properties in the database.

Dec 01, 2014 @ 17:26
    Arjan H.

Good to hear that, Steve. I initially did the same thing (updating the values directly in the database), but in my case the umbracoMemberApproved values appeared to be cached by Umbraco, so members were still unable to log in. I had to manually hit the "Save" button on each member in the Umbraco backend to recycle the member cache.

Did you double-check if members were in fact able to log in again? Did you do anything to recycle the Umbraco cache (app pool recycle, IIS reset, etc.)?

Dec 01, 2014 @ 17:34
    Steve Brown

You're right, my first attempt didn't actually work. Second time around I went into the Members section in back office and noticed when I expanded each folder containing the members, there were new values being inserted into the cmsPropertyData table. Then, my UPDATE worked as intended.

I would only recommend this if you're confident changing your database, because step 1 will lock your members out until they're approved either manually in back office members section, or with SQL update described below

1. add a new dummy property to your Member Type in Members section of back office to create all the missing member properties in table cmsPropertyType
    2. in back office Members section, opening all the member folders (a-z, other) inserts records into cmsPropertyData with null values for the properties established in step 1
    3. now we can do a SQL update on those records in table cmsPropertyData where the propertyTypeId field matches the id for umbracoMemberApproved in cmsPropertyType table
    edited for clarification
    Dec 02, 2014 @ 09:13
    Arjan H.

Awesome! With this workaround it should be safe to upgrade to the new Membership provider, or get rid of those errors when you continue to use the old Membership provider.

• Bjørn Fridal 274 posts 784 karma points
    Jan 26, 2015 @ 17:11
    Bjørn Fridal

After upgrading from 4.x to 7.2 I had to same problem, only I had no umbracoMemberApproved data in cmsPropertyData. So I updated all members programmatically:

var memberService = UmbracoContext.Current.Application.Services.MemberService;
    int totalRecords;
    var members = memberService.GetAll(0, 99999, out totalRecords);
    foreach (var member in members)
    {
    member.IsApproved = true;
    memberService.Save(member, false);
    }

Cheers
    Bjørn 

• Zakhar 171 posts 397 karma points
    Jun 07, 2016 @ 16:37
    Zakhar

I'm on the latest 7.4.3 version and have logs full of this warnings.

I'm using custom member type, what's with this 'umbraco' prefixes? I don't need and don't have any of those properties. How can I get rid of this?

I tried to add a dummy property to my existing member type, but that didn't help.

Can someone from HQ comment on this issue as it's 2 years old now?

Thanks!

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    Apr 22, 2017 @ 23:32
    Simon Dingley

I'm tearing my hair out with this issue right now. I have a large membership database in a site that was upgraded and is currently running 7.5.2, it was working fine until the new properties were automatically added and now members cannot login. It is impossible to save members in the back office and it is impossible to save them programatically and the reason seems to be that although the properties were added no property data was and so all of the id's are zero and as such causes exceptions like this to be continually thrown.

2017-04-23 00:24:44,534 [P17440/D13/T102] ERROR  System.String - The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
       at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.MemberRepository.PersistUpdatedItem(IMember entity) in D:\Repositories\Umbraco-CMS\src\Umbraco.Core\Persistence\Repositories\MemberRepository.cs:line 368
       at Umbraco.Core.Cache.DefaultRepositoryCachePolicy`2.CreateOrUpdate(TEntity entity, Action`1 persistMethod) in D:\Repositories\Umbraco-CMS\src\Umbraco.Core\Cache\DefaultRepositoryCachePolicy.cs:line 80
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.RepositoryBase`2.PersistUpdatedItem(IEntity entity) in D:\Repositories\Umbraco-CMS\src\Umbraco.Core\Persistence\Repositories\RepositoryBase.cs:line 253
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.UnitOfWork.PetaPocoUnitOfWork.Commit(Action`1 transactionCompleting) in D:\Repositories\Umbraco-CMS\src\Umbraco.Core\Persistence\UnitOfWork\PetaPocoUnitOfWork.cs:line 118
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.UnitOfWork.PetaPocoUnitOfWork.Commit() in D:\Repositories\Umbraco-CMS\src\Umbraco.Core\Persistence\UnitOfWork\PetaPocoUnitOfWork.cs:line 92
       at Umbraco.Core.Services.MemberService.Save(IMember entity, Boolean raiseEvents) in D:\Repositories\Umbraco-CMS\src\Umbraco.Core\Services\MemberService.cs:line 992
       at ASP._Page_Views_Help_cshtml.Execute() in d:\Repositories\<customer>\<project>\src\www\Views\Help.cshtml:line 17
       at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy()
       at System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy()
       at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage)
       at System.Web.Mvc.RazorView.RenderView(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer, Object instance)
       at System.Web.Mvc.BuildManagerCompiledView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer)
       at Umbraco.Core.Profiling.ProfilingView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResult(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass21.<>c__DisplayClass2b.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1c()
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass21.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

Any help or ideas on overcoming this would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    May 19, 2017 @ 12:21
    Simon Dingley

After a lot of trial an error I eventually pieced together a script with help from other sources that allowed me to insert the missing data. The script is below and is provided without warranty so backup and test before using in production:

-- umbracoMemberComments
    INSERT INTO [dbo].[cmsPropertyData]
               ([contentNodeId]
               ,[versionId]
               ,[propertytypeid]
               ,[dataInt]
               ,[dataDecimal]
               ,[dataDate]
               ,[dataNvarchar]
               ,[dataNtext])
    SELECT [contentNodeId],[versionId], 1214, null, null, null, null, null
        FROM [dbo].[cmsMember]
            INNER JOIN [dbo].[cmsPropertyData]
            ON [dbo].[cmsMember].[nodeId]=[dbo].[cmsPropertyData].[contentNodeId]
        GROUP BY [contentNodeId], [versionId]

-- umbracoMemberFailedPasswordAttempts
               ([contentNodeId]
               ,[versionId]
               ,[propertytypeid]
               ,[dataInt]
               ,[dataDecimal]
               ,[dataDate]
               ,[dataNvarchar]
               ,[dataNtext])
    SELECT [contentNodeId],[versionId], 1215, null, null, null, null, null
        FROM [dbo].[cmsMember]

-- umbracoMemberApproved
               ([contentNodeId]
               ,[versionId]
               ,[propertytypeid]
               ,[dataInt]
               ,[dataDecimal]
               ,[dataDate]
               ,[dataNvarchar]
               ,[dataNtext])
    SELECT [contentNodeId],[versionId], 1216, 1, null, null, null, null
        FROM [dbo].[cmsMember]

-- umbracoMemberLockedOut
               ([contentNodeId]
               ,[versionId]
               ,[propertytypeid]
               ,[dataInt]
               ,[dataDecimal]
               ,[dataDate]
               ,[dataNvarchar]
               ,[dataNtext])
    SELECT [contentNodeId],[versionId], 1217, null, null, null, null, null
        FROM [dbo].[cmsMember]

-- umbracoMemberLastLockoutDate
               ([contentNodeId]
               ,[versionId]
               ,[propertytypeid]
               ,[dataInt]
               ,[dataDecimal]
               ,[dataDate]
               ,[dataNvarchar]
               ,[dataNtext])
    SELECT [contentNodeId],[versionId], 1218, null, null, null, null, null
        FROM [dbo].[cmsMember]

-- umbracoMemberLastLogin
               ([contentNodeId]
               ,[versionId]
               ,[propertytypeid]
               ,[dataInt]
               ,[dataDecimal]
               ,[dataDate]
               ,[dataNvarchar]
               ,[dataNtext])
    SELECT [contentNodeId],[versionId], 1219, null, null, null, null, null
        FROM [dbo].[cmsMember]

-- umbracoMemberLastPasswordChangeDate
               ([contentNodeId]
               ,[versionId]
               ,[propertytypeid]
               ,[dataInt]
               ,[dataDecimal]
               ,[dataDate]
               ,[dataNvarchar]
               ,[dataNtext])
    SELECT [contentNodeId],[versionId], 1220, null, null, null, null, null
        FROM [dbo].[cmsMember]

-- umbracoMemberPasswordRetrievalAnswer
               ([contentNodeId]
               ,[versionId]
               ,[propertytypeid]
               ,[dataInt]
               ,[dataDecimal]
               ,[dataDate]
               ,[dataNvarchar]
               ,[dataNtext])
    SELECT [contentNodeId],[versionId], 1221, null, null, null, null, null
        FROM [dbo].[cmsMember]

-- umbracoMemberPasswordRetrievalQuestion
               ([contentNodeId]
               ,[versionId]
               ,[propertytypeid]
               ,[dataInt]
               ,[dataDecimal]
               ,[dataDate]
               ,[dataNvarchar]
               ,[dataNtext])
    SELECT [contentNodeId],[versionId], 1222, null, null, null, null, null
        FROM [dbo].[cmsMember]

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft