Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robby Cowell 20 posts 103 karma points
    May 08, 2014 @ 11:45
    Robby Cowell

Umbraco changePassword.aspx 404 error after login

After entering the credentials for the 'admin' user into Umbraco's login screen, I'm redirected to '/umbraco/changePassword.aspx' which then displays the default ASP.NET 404 page.

I suppose this is a two-part question:

1. Why is Umbraco redirecting to '/umbraco/changePassword.aspx' after the correct credentials have been entered?

2. Why is the page 404-ing when the ChangePassword.ascx file is located in its default location 'umbraco/dashboard'?

I'm using Umbraco 4.7.0

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    May 08, 2014 @ 12:08
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

Sometimes when Umbraco logs out it remembers the url from which it logged out. This could be the change password url. So instead of redirecting to the backoffice it redirects to that page. By clearing the url in the login screen you don't have this problem.

ChangePassword.ascx is a usercontrol and not a page so it will show a 404 because there is no page to display.

Jeroen

• Robby Cowell 20 posts 103 karma points
    May 08, 2014 @ 13:21
    Robby Cowell

Hi Jeroen,

By clearing the url in the login screen, do you mean deleting the URL in the address bar of the browser and then submitting the login form? If so, I've tried that, and I'm still seeing the same result.

Is there anywhere in the Umbraco files that these kind of redirect configurations would be kept?

Also, thank you for clarification on why the ChangePassword.ascx is 404-ing.

Thanks,

Robert

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft