Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Charles 42 posts 63 karma points
    Apr 07, 2014 @ 21:36
    Charles

Umbraco Reserved Urls/Paths is taking 37 seconds to load a page why?

finally, after a dreaded long battle, I have found the culprit, or atleast something that is going to lead me directly to it on why the site loads slow initially, but renders fast (due to Cache) afterwards. I have installed glimpse, and now able to see a Trace in the Tabs of Glimpse, that is telling me that Umbraco Reserved Urls are taking approximately 37 seconds to respond to a page load. Image below:

Umbraco Reserved Urls/Path Issue

So, looking at my web.config now, shows this for Umbraco Settings:

<add key="umbracoDbDSN" value="server=127.0.0.1;database=DB;user id=sa;password=password" />
    <add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="4.6.1" />
    <add key="umbracoReservedUrls" value="~/config/splashes/booting.aspx,~/install/default.aspx,~/config/splashes/noNodes.aspx" />
    <add key="umbracoReservedPaths" value="~/umbraco,~/install/,~/testbed/,~/floorplans/,~/" />
    <add key="umbracoContentXML" value="~/App_Data/umbraco.config" />
    <add key="umbracoStorageDirectory" value="~/App_Data" />
    <add key="umbracoPath" value="~/umbraco" />
    <add key="umbracoEnableStat" value="false" />
    <add key="umbracoHideTopLevelNodeFromPath" value="true" />
    <add key="umbracoEditXhtmlMode" value="true" />
    <add key="umbracoUseDirectoryUrls" value="true" />
    <add key="umbracoDebugMode" value="true" />
    <add key="umbracoTimeOutInMinutes" value="20" />
    <add key="umbracoVersionCheckPeriod" value="7" />
    <add key="umbracoDisableXsltExtensions" value="true" />
    <add key="umbracoDefaultUILanguage" value="en" />
    <add key="umbracoProfileUrl" value="profiler" />
    <add key="umbracoUseSSL" value="false" />
    <add key="umbracoUseMediumTrust" value="false" />
    <add key="umbracoContentXMLUseLocalTemp" value="false" />

Please note: umbracoReservedPaths has ~/ in it, but if I remove it, the pages of my site come up blank. I also have UrlRewrite Module installed and looks like this in the web.config:

In httpModules section of system.web:

<add name="Glimpse" type="Glimpse.AspNet.HttpModule, Glimpse.AspNet" />
    <!-- URL REWRTIER -->
    <add name="UrlRewriteModule" type="UrlRewritingNet.Web.UrlRewriteModule, UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter" />
    <add name="umbracof" type="umbraco.presentation.requestModule" />
    <!-- UMBRACO -->
    <add name="viewstateMoverModule" type="umbraco.presentation.viewstateMoverModule" />
    <add name="umbracoBaseRequestModule" type="umbraco.presentation.umbracobase.requestModule" />
    <!-- ASPNETAJAX -->
    <add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
    <!-- CLIENT DEPENDENCY -->
    <add name="ClientDependencyModule" type="ClientDependency.Core.Module.ClientDependencyModule, ClientDependency.Core" />
    <add name="Redirector" type="Redirector" />

In system.webServer I have the following:

<validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />
    <modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true">
        <remove name="Session" />
        <remove name="ScriptModule" />
        <remove name="UrlRewriteModule" />
        <remove name="umbracoRequestModule" />
        <remove name="viewstateMoverModule" />
        <remove name="umbracoBaseRequestModule" />
        <remove name="ClientDependencyModule" />
        <add name="Glimpse" type="Glimpse.AspNet.HttpModule, Glimpse.AspNet" preCondition="integratedMode" />
        <add name="UrlRewriteModule" type="UrlRewritingNet.Web.UrlRewriteModule, UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter" preCondition="" />
        <add name="umbracoRequestModule" type="umbraco.presentation.requestModule" />
        <add name="viewstateMoverModule" type="umbraco.presentation.viewstateMoverModule" />
        <add name="umbracoBaseRequestModule" type="umbraco.presentation.umbracobase.requestModule" />
        <add name="ScriptModule" preCondition="managedHandler" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
        <add name="ClientDependencyModule" type="ClientDependency.Core.Module.ClientDependencyModule, ClientDependency.Core" />
        <add name="Redirector" type="Redirector" />
        <add name="Session" type="System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule" preCondition="managedHandler" />
    </modules>

Ofcourse there is much more, but this is the <modules> tag in there.

In <configuration> <configSections> I have the following:

<section name="urlrewritingnet" restartOnExternalChanges="true" requirePermission="false" type="UrlRewritingNet.Configuration.UrlRewriteSection, UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter" />

Is this not configured properly? Why is Umbraco Reserved Urls taking 37 seconds to respond? Doesn't make much sense to me.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 07, 2014 @ 22:06
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Charles

What version of Umbraco are you using? And did this happen from a fresh install or is it a running installation where this has happened all of the sudden?

I'm not sure the culprit is the reserved urls...but if you can provide some more information about you install it might be easier to provide a better answer.

Also have you checked the Umbraco log and the server logs of both the web server and the database to see if some important information is revealed?

Have you checked that all connection strings are correct as well?

/Jan

Apr 07, 2014 @ 22:47
    Charles

Hello, running Umbraco 4.6.1 as it says in the Umbraco settings indicated above. No, this is not a fresh install, but it just recently started happening. I mean the site, once received, wasn't that fast to begin with, but not it is like 2 times slower than it was from when I first began working on it. No errors in the Event Log. Not sure where the Umbraco Log is stored, maybe you can point me to it and I'll check it out. Connections strings should all be fine also, with the database, so no problem there.

Apr 07, 2014 @ 23:25
    Charles

Found the database table UmbracoLog table. No errors in there, just a bunch of Login and Logout being recorded in there. Also, I am running IIS 7.5, with .NET Framework 4.0. Not sure what other information you need. Let me know.

Apr 08, 2014 @ 02:03
    Charles

Also, I do not have this file in the website anywhere: umbraco/businesslogic/GlobalSettings.cs

Am I supposed to have it? Nevermind, doesn't look like it is in the actual download of Umbraco 4.6.1 either. I just wish I could get to the bottom of this error.... argg!

Apr 08, 2014 @ 02:18
    Charles

Found the problem. It was in the User Controls that were being called in the template. Squashed it and now it is loading in under 4 seconds. Yayyyy!!!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft