Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Laurie 8 posts 27 karma points
    Nov 05, 2013 @ 16:00
    Peter Laurie

Examine Management API Error

Hi,

I am building a website using umbraco 6.1.5 which is now nearing completeion.

We use the examine api with the new developer panel interface to update the Examine Indexers and Searchers. We have seperate indexes for things like faq's and glossary.

I am now getting an error when I access the developer cms section and the Examine Management panel does not load the indexes. Below is the error message that Umbraco displays. Any help in resolving this error will be appreciated:

Thank you in advance.

{"Message":"An error has occurred.","ExceptionMessage":"Multiple actions were found that match the request: \r\nSystem.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[Umbraco.Web.Search.ExamineIndexerModel] GetIndexerDetails() on type Umbraco.Web.WebServices.ExamineManagementApiController\r\nSystem.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[Umbraco.Web.Search.ExamineSearcherModel] GetSearcherDetails() on type Umbraco.Web.WebServices.ExamineManagementApiController","ExceptionType":"System.InvalidOperationException","StackTrace":"   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionSelector.ActionSelectorCacheItem.SelectAction(HttpControllerContext controllerContext)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.ApiController.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, CancellationToken cancellationToken)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpControllerDispatcher.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)"}

I have tried upgrading to Umbraco 6.1.6 but still have this issue. I have also deleted the ExamineIndexes in App_Data/TEMP and restarted the App Pool and rebuilt the indexes but, again the issue is still present, and I cannot see the indexes in the Examine Management tool in the Devleoper section and the error above is displayed in the browser.

I will next try to do a dublicate installation and install, one by one the Plugins that i have added to my Project. I will l list them shortly. They do include uComponents and DAMP, 

Firebug in Firefox show a 500 Internal Server error with path:

http://testv3.smartloan.co.uk/api/ExamineManagementApi?action=/GetIndexerDetails&_=1383729980877

Once again, thank you for any input, if anyone has had the same issue.

Pete

• Kenneth Solberg 227 posts 418 karma points
    Jan 28, 2014 @ 15:18
    Kenneth Solberg

Are you using Umbraco API and more importantly, have you changed the DefaultApi route mapping (.. to get the cleaner /api/controller/verb URL syntax)? If so, this will interfere with the Examine Management dashboard. 

• Alex Gill 26 posts 61 karma points
    Feb 11, 2014 @ 11:31
    Alex Gill

I'm having the above issue, having changed my DefaultApi route mapping - is there a way around this?

Feb 11, 2014 @ 11:54
    Kenneth Solberg

No workaround for the version mentioned, but AFAIK this is addressed in 6.2 and 7.0.2:

http://umbraco.com/follow-us/blog-archive/2014/1/17/heads-up,-breaking-change-coming-in-702-and-62.aspx

This will separate usage of UmbracoApiController from frontend and backoffice.

• Alex Gill 26 posts 61 karma points
    Feb 11, 2014 @ 11:58
    Alex Gill

I am on 7.0.3 and still experienced this issue. However I was able to fix it by adding the following route map:

config.Routes.MapHttpRoute(
        name: "ExamineApi",
        routeTemplate: "api/{controller}/{action}/{id}",
        defaults: new { id = RouteParameter.Optional },
        constraints: new { controller = "ExamineManagementApi" }
    );

Feb 11, 2014 @ 11:59
    Kenneth Solberg

Cool, thanks for sharing!

• Skowronek 29 posts 105 karma points
    Mar 17, 2014 @ 23:40
    Skowronek

After installing the UmbracoCms.Core v 6.1.6 via Nuget package manager, my new site has this behavior. When I use the DLLs from the downloadable ZIP package, it works fine. Did someone mix up the bits on nuget for 6.1.6?

Thanks.

• Mike Kelly 7 posts 59 karma points
    Apr 24, 2014 @ 14:46
    Mike Kelly

I'm getting this error as well on 6.1.6 specifically via the nuget package version. When I use the zipped version I don't have the same isssue.

@Skowronek which DLL's did you replace to resolve the error?

Thanks.

UPDATE

After some googling I found the issue has been logged http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4169 along with a resolution to update the versions of WebAPI in the solution. 

This can be done using the package manager console:

Install-Package Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.WebHost -Version 4.0.20710

The dependency management sorts out the other files and fixes everything :0)

• Simon Miller 13 posts 36 karma points
    May 12, 2014 @ 08:20
    Simon Miller

Thanks Mike, I had the exact same issue (I was getting JS alerts in the Developer tab from the Examine Manager throwing errors) and installing the package above fixed it for me.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft