Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steve Brown 125 posts 290 karma points
    Jul 29, 2013 @ 21:00
    Steve Brown

user control macros in umbraco 6

I have a web forms based installation of umbraco 6.1.3 and I'm trying to make some user control based macros. The macro seems to behave as intended when I manually insert it into the master page, but not when I insert the macro into a regular page. When I insert a macro into a regular page and view that page, it renders the initial viewstate but that's it, nothing happens after I click any buttons. None of the server-side stuff is happening. Any ideas? It would be kind of a pain to have to create a template for each page I want to insert a macro. Thanks.

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jul 31, 2013 @ 15:46
    Dave Woestenborghs

How are you adding the macro's to the page. With the rich text editor ?

Does your template contain a form runat="server" tag ?

Dave

Jul 31, 2013 @ 15:55
    Steve Brown

Yes, I'm adding it with the rich text editor. When I add the macro to a page with the rich text editor, it's like there's no postback occurring. When I add it to the template, the macro works as intended. But I'd prefer to add a macro to a specific page if possible, instead of to a template.

My template does contain form runat="server"

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jul 31, 2013 @ 16:37
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

How do you render the rich text editor which has the macro on your page?

Jeroen

Jul 31, 2013 @ 16:43
    Steve Brown

In the back office content section, I select my page. Then I click the "insert macro" button on the toolbar, and it inserts the macro onto the page, like so. However, when I load the page, the macro does not work as intended. No server-side processing occurs.

Jul 31, 2013 @ 16:45
    Jeroen Breuer

I mean how do you show the rich text editor on your website? Do you place an umbraco item on your template or do you use xslt?

Jeroen

Jul 31, 2013 @ 16:46
    Steve Brown

Oh, I'm not displaying a rich text editor on the page. I use the tinyMCE rich editor to insert the macro on the page in the back office, that is all.

Jul 31, 2013 @ 16:48
    Jeroen Breuer

If you don't render the tinyMCE rich text editor somewhere on your template you also won't see the usercontrol macro.

This might help: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/templates/umbracoitem-element

Jeroen

Jul 31, 2013 @ 17:07
    Steve Brown

You sir, are correct. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I am using uBlogsy (webforms version) which displays the content in a different manner. As soon as I switched the page template to use the method you showed me, the macro works as intended. Thanks again!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft