Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Greg Fyans 140 posts 342 karma points
    May 02, 2013 @ 12:33
    Greg Fyans

Oops: this document is published but is not in the cache (internal error)

Hi,

I've recently upgraded a site to 6.0.4 (with security fix) from 4.7.0.

After the upgrade I renamed some doctype aliases and, I don't know if something has happened during the upgrade or the renaming exercise, it seems my internal cache has corrupted/cleared and I now see the following message on quite a few nodes (ones that are of doctypes that were renamed and ones that weren't, it doesn't seem to matter):

This is because the node is marked as published but it doesn't have a corresponding record in the cmsContentXml table and the only way to rpopulate that table is by publishing (correct me if I'm wrong here).

The problem is that I'm working with a site with thousands of nodes and it takes hours to publish. Is there a way to populate this table without doing a publish, the same way we can regenerate the umbraco.config?

Thanks,
    Greg.

• Halle 9 posts 59 karma points
    May 21, 2013 @ 16:52
    Halle

Hi Greg,

I'm having the same issue and I wonder if you found any solution to your problem?

Best Regards,
    Hampus 

• Greg Fyans 140 posts 342 karma points
    May 21, 2013 @ 19:22
    Greg Fyans

Hi Halle,

I had taken a back-up of my database prior to doing the upgrade and I simply restored it and then copied and pasted all the missing data from there into my new database.

I still don't know exactly what caused the problem, but at the time I just had to sort it :)

Lee Kelleher Tweeted that he had experienced the same issue, check his timeline and see if he managed to find out what caused it.

Greg.

• Andreas Iseli 150 posts 427 karma points
    May 23, 2013 @ 09:38
    Andreas Iseli

Well I had the same problem when adding and publishing nodes through a console or client application. When you republish your entire website the error should vanish. Even if it takes an hour or two.... Recycling your web application or even an IIS reset would in most cases help as well.

I already had a discussion about that, but here are not other possibilities without writing custom code to rebuild the content XML table through UI.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft