Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon 81 posts 184 karma points
    Jan 09, 2013 @ 18:51
    Simon

PLEASE can we get publish date added to NodeFactory Node class!

Hi,

Please can we get the publish date and not just the create date added to the NodeFactory Node class. This really screws up any macros such as a latest content C# macro that uses the publish date. The problem shows up in wrong ordering of content that has been previously loaded into the CMS but with a future publish date.

To be honest, this is holding me back from using Umbraco on large websites where there's multiple people in the web team - all loading content to be published in the future etc.

Anyone got a viable workaround in the time being?

Cheers

Simon

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 09, 2013 @ 22:55
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Simon

I don't know about any workaround for this - and must admit that I don't know if it's something that's being considered for the new API in Umbraco 6, which will soon hit the street.

But I will urge you to report this as an issue on the issue tracker here http://issues.umbraco.org/issues/U4 - That way the core team and people outside the core team have a chance to add this to the core and other Umbraco users can vote on the issue making it easier for the core to consider what should be scheduled for the coming releases.

Cheers,
    Jan 

• Edwin van Koppen 156 posts 270 karma points
    Jan 10, 2013 @ 09:59
    Edwin van Koppen

That would be really nice, ordering the tree is now a disaster to do!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft