Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mithun 42 posts 63 karma points
    Dec 31, 2012 @ 07:00
    mithun

"Value cannot be null. Parameter name: attribute" when publishing the node

Hi,

when publishing the node it shows error "Value cannot be null.Parameter name: attribute"  I tried  all method in " http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/api-cheatsheet/publishing-and-republishing"  but again it showing the same errors.The Conent node property "Link To document" always shown  #.Please help guyz .

regards

mithun

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 31, 2012 @ 09:36
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mithun

What version of Umbraco do you experience this on? And have you made any custom stuff using the API like hooking in to a Save event or something? And are you using MNTP, which is perhaps having a startnode ID that does no longer exist?

I think you should check to see if there is a weird character in on of your document type aliases. In my experience this happens when for some weird reason an alias somehow contains _ or - if I remember correctly. So try looking for this and see if it helps to change the alias.

Otherwise please ellaborate a bit more :)

/Jan

Dec 31, 2012 @ 10:23
    mithun

Hi Jan,

Thanks for reply.my umbraco version is 4.7.1.1 .The same method and document type are used in local and staging and its working fine.The issue happen in our live site.We take backup of our live site and restored in our local then we can publish it and working fine.But our problem is  its an  ecommerce site we cannot backup and restore it in Live.

Please see the below error which shows on stack trace. 

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: attribute]
       System.Xml.Linq.XAttribute.op_Explicit(XAttribute attribute) +90854
       UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer.ReIndexNode(XElement node, String type) +107
       Examine.ExamineManager._ReIndexNode(XElement node, String type, IEnumerable`1 providers) +81
       UmbracoExamine.UmbracoEventManager.content_AfterUpdateDocumentCache(Document sender, DocumentCacheEventArgs e) +172
       umbraco.DocumentCacheEventHandler.Invoke(Document sender, DocumentCacheEventArgs e) +0
       umbraco.content.FireAfterUpdateDocumentCache(Document sender, DocumentCacheEventArgs e) +26
       umbraco.content.UpdateDocumentCache(Document d) +749
       umbraco.content.UpdateDocumentCache(Int32 pageId) +52
       umbraco.library.UpdateDocumentCache(Int32 DocumentId) +106
       umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.Publish(Object sender, EventArgs e) +381
       System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.savePublish(Object Sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) +46
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e) +115
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +120
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

Thanks and regards
    mithun
    Dec 31, 2012 @ 10:48
    mithun

Hi Jan,

Creating document type and property are added through Manually,No custome methods or API is using.

regards

mithun

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 31, 2012 @ 11:01
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mithun

Ok, but try checking the aliases of all your document types and see if something looks weird in one or more of them. I've seen the # issue when the aliases somehow have been messed up for some weird reason.

/Jan

Dec 31, 2012 @ 11:16
    mithun

Hi jan,

The Same udt is used in staging site it is working fine.Is there any node limit for umbraco ,currently the error creating node has id 16948

copying the database and App-Data from live site to staging will not recreate the issue.

regards

mithun

Jan 01, 2013 @ 07:21
    mithun

Hi Umbraco team,

Please help to solve this issue,Any document type create manually and node is publish it shows error 

"Value cannot be null. Parameter name: attribute"

eg:-create document type "testdocument " manually as in setting section

and create node in content section  and publish  it shows error.

regards

mithun

Jan 01, 2013 @ 12:15
    mithun

Hi ,

Find solution ,just replace the App_Data contain umbraco.Config file  with old one ,its work fine .

regards

mithun 

• lucuma 261 posts 563 karma points
    Jan 30, 2013 @ 23:20
    lucuma

On RC6 I am receiving the same error on publish:

"Value cannot be null. Parameter name: attribute"

• Matthias 87 posts 173 karma points
    Jan 31, 2013 @ 13:08
  • lucuma 261 posts 563 karma points
    Jan 31, 2013 @ 13:21
    lucuma

Looks like there is a new 6.0 stable release today.. I'll upgrade and hopefully fix the problem.

Feb 20, 2013 @ 14:50
    mithun

Hi 

Again causing  this issue.This time  umbraco.config replaces doesn't solving the issue.guys please help

regards

mithun

• Matthias 87 posts 173 karma points
    Feb 20, 2013 @ 15:51
    Matthias

Hi mithun,

are you still on 4.7.1.1 or did you upgrade?

Matthias

• Niels Lynggaard 190 posts 548 karma points
    Feb 20, 2013 @ 16:51
    Niels Lynggaard

This is a bug, has been reported and solved here:

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1491

The bug means that when you move/delete some nodes, the paths arent updated correctly and you get this error. I actually had the same problem and shannon solved the problem in the core for version 6.0 and 4.11.4 (I think).

He published a package that fixes these issues here; http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/path-fixup

You should read through the issue-tracker, it explains it fully.

I think installing the above package and running the pathfix in the backend (it adds a tab to the dashboard) should fix your problem :)

Cheers,

Niels

Feb 21, 2013 @ 06:49
    mithun

Hi ,

Can i install this package on 4.7.1

There is lots of other packages running in my site ,Is upgrading to v6.0 may cause other packages not running ?

regards

mithun

Feb 22, 2013 @ 06:46
    mithun

Hi Guys

Please help ...

we are in critical situation...

Advance thanks and regards

mithun

Feb 25, 2013 @ 11:06
    Niels Lynggaard

I see we have 2 topics now ;)

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/ourumb-dev-forum/bugs/38574-Value-cannot-be-null-Parameter-name-attribute-

I still think you're dealing with the described bug.

If I were you I'd try upgrading.

But you should do this on a copy of your site. E.g, copy your site and database, set it up on another site or locally. Then try the upgrades to at least 4.11.4

Possibly to v. 6 if you'd like, each time testing thorougly if all the packages work as expected. Also read up on breaking changes in each release's release notes. It should help you see if anything breaks. If something breaks, then check for a never and compatible version of the package that breaks and try an update.

I recently updated a few sites form 4.7 to 6.0 (taking one version at the time), and I had no problems. But the sites were small and only a few packages.

Hope you solve this!

/Niels

Feb 26, 2013 @ 12:48
    mithun

Hi Niels,

Thanks ,we are trying to upgrade

One think  i found in umbraco is umbraco.config is not updating when it has 20k nodes.we deleted 6k nodes it is working properly.

Thanks & Regards

mithun

Feb 26, 2013 @ 13:18
    Niels Lynggaard

20 K nodes... wow.

Hopefully you will be succesfull in your upgrades.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft