Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason Evans 50 posts 71 karma points
    Oct 22, 2012 @ 15:45
    Jason Evans

File businesslogic.mm.dll is missing from the NANT build output folder.

Hi there.

I wanted to try out Umbraco 4.8.1, to make sure our custom website works against this specific version of Umbraco. In doing this I also wanted to debug some Umbraco source code, and so I chose to run the "Build.bat" file to generate the binaires, so that I can attach Visual Studio to IIS.

Now the problem is that in the output folder created by the batch file, the file "businesslogic.mm.dll" is missing. This file is required in order for the Umbraco website to run.

I did find another version of this file elsewhere on our server, however that file is referencing different versions of "interfaces.dll" and "umbraco.datalayer.dll", so even though I copied "businesslogic.mm.dll" to the website, I still get an error since the referenced assemblies are the wrong version.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can resolve this please?

• Jason Evans 50 posts 71 karma points
    Oct 23, 2012 @ 10:50
    Jason Evans

OK, it looks like these *.mm.dll files are not required in order to run an Umbraco site.

I deleted these files from the bin folder of my site and everything worked fine. I think these *.mm.dll files are generated via compiling the Umbraco source code in Visual Studio (?). Anyway it's fixed now.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft