Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• julius 107 posts 289 karma points
    Sep 24, 2012 @ 22:07
    julius

Multi-site Umbraco installation domain-to-site coupling going wrong

Hello, 

Our Umbraco CMS has 8 different sites that are all coupled to their own unique toplevel domain.They are all coupled to the www and the non-www version of the domain. We used the "manage hostnames" option to tie each site to its own domain "versions".

This is what our tree looks like.

- Content
    -- www.domain-a.com
    -- www.domain-b.com
    -- www.domain-c.com
    -- www.domain-d.com
    -- www.domain-e.com
    -- www.domain-f.com
    -- www.domain-g.com
    -- www.domain-h.com

Six of the subsites work correctly, but domain-g.com, www.domain-g.com and domain-a.com both bring up the website of domain-c.com. Funny thing is that the www version of domain-a.com does bring up the correct site. 

All level 1 nodes in our tree have been coupled to their domain in the same way, so I have no clue why one is working and the other is not. 

Your help will be very much appreciated.

• julius 107 posts 289 karma points
    Sep 24, 2012 @ 22:34
    julius

Heck, I got it wrong. These sites were actually created to forward to eachother. It is a setting on the first level node on each site. Never mind boys and girls.

I can't delete this topic so I have no choice but to let this issue stand here to provide hope for peope having similar but different problems only to found out that they have been wasting their time reading this. Cheers. And good luck :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft