Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonny Irwin 91 posts 153 karma points
    Aug 21, 2012 @ 13:10
    Jonny Irwin

Examine index being deleted

I have an issue with indexing our site using examine (have tried versions 1.3 and 1.4.2).  we are running Umbraco 4.7.2.

Basically we have what is becoming a large site (several thousand pages), while the indexer is running, I can perform a search on the site and gradually see the number of matches gradually increasing.  However - on 2 or 3 times each time the index is being created, OnIndexDeleted is hit on the indexer and it appears the entire index is deleted and it starts again.  I suspect that the index just starts again from the last node it was on as it does not bring back the same results when it continues.  This happens 2 or 3 times during the indexing.  I ran this multiple time and it seemed to happen on the same nodes each time.  There was nothing apparently special about these nodes.  I then unpublished these nodes to see if the problem was with these pages, just for it to hit OnIndexDeleted for different nodes.

Doing a query on the database, I can tell roughly how many results I should get, and at some points of my indexing, it gets close to it, before mysteriously wiping them and starting them again.

Has anyone come across this before or has any idea as to what may be going on?

Thanks,

Jonny

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft