Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike Pitcher 6 posts 26 karma points
    Sep 13, 2011 @ 13:55
    Mike Pitcher

Using c# to create a RelatedLinks field

I can retrieve the contents of a relatedlinks field by creating an XmlDocument from the returned value as below:

XmlDocument links = new XmlDocument();
    links.LoadXml(part.GetProperty("products").Value);

and then traversing the XmlDocument. However, I cannot use C# and the API to create the field in the first place.I am using code that looks like:

// Create XmlDocument to hold products
    doc = new XmlDocument();

// Insert declaration as first node
    XmlDeclaration declaration = doc.CreateXmlDeclaration("1.0"null"yes");
    doc.AppendChild(declaration);

// Create the root node
    rootElement = doc.CreateElement("links");
    doc.AppendChild(rootElement);

// Look up the Product Id int productId = productsXref[thisProduct];                      // Add Product link to current Part linkElement = doc.CreateElement("link"); rootElement.AppendChild(linkElement);

// Link Type is internal linkAttribute = doc.CreateAttribute("type"); linkAttribute.Value = "internal"; linkElement.SetAttributeNode(linkAttribute);
    // Link Title linkAttribute = doc.CreateAttribute("title"); linkAttribute.Value = thisProduct; linkElement.SetAttributeNode(linkAttribute);
    // Link Link linkAttribute = doc.CreateAttribute("link"); linkAttribute.Value = productId.ToString(); linkElement.SetAttributeNode(linkAttribute);
    // Link NewWindow linkAttribute = doc.CreateAttribute("newwindow"); linkAttribute.Value = "1"; linkElement.SetAttributeNode(linkAttribute); DocumentBeingWorkedOn.getProperty("relatedLink").Value = doc;

The last statement above consistently fails with nul object exception.

Can anyone help? I'm new to Umbraco.

• Ehsan 8 posts 30 karma points
    Nov 28, 2014 @ 17:35
    Ehsan

hey dude did u figure this out yet??

I am having the same problem.. I am not able to set/add value to my RelatedLinks field programatically! :s

• Mike Pitcher 6 posts 26 karma points
    Nov 29, 2014 @ 13:33
    Mike Pitcher

Hi Ehsan

Sorry but I am no longer using the version of Umbraco where I experienced this problem. I suggest you re-post your query because after three years I cannot find the code where I had the problem.

Good luck!

Mike

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft