This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• PCharb 22 posts 42 karma points
    Apr 19, 2011 @ 20:34
    PCharb

Search is not working

My search control in the member section don't work, i receive this error

[KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.]
       System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) +9627953
       umbraco.presentation.umbraco.members.MemberSearch.<ButtonSearch_Click>b__5(SearchResult x) +81
       System.Linq.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext() +151
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +507
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +61
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.DataBind() +76
       umbraco.presentation.umbraco.members.MemberSearch.ButtonSearch_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +525
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +118
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +112
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

What's not working??

Apr 19, 2011 @ 20:56
    PCharb

i'm running umbraco 4.7

Apr 19, 2011 @ 21:02
    PCharb

The entire problem is that when i enter something that does'nt exist in the member area in the search box, it's all going fine, but when i enter something that exist, i got this error. Can anyone help me??

• Phil 31 posts 53 karma points
    Nov 20, 2011 @ 06:48
    Phil

Same problem here..heard anything?

• Simon steed 374 posts 686 karma points
    Nov 28, 2011 @ 17:26
    Simon steed

Same here - 4.7.1 - any fix for this?

• priya 25 posts 45 karma points
    Dec 15, 2011 @ 09:16
    priya

Hi

I am using 4.7.1 .Every thing is working fine but the search box in memeber section (backend)is not working only for 1 member.And giving the error "key was not present in the dictionary"

tell me the reason and solution for this.

Thanks in advance.

• Owen 123 posts 246 karma points
    Dec 15, 2011 @ 10:53
    Owen

Umbraco use Examine to do the search work, have a look at the Examine config files( in config folder) maybe help.

BTW, it works for me. Have your made any modification?

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Dec 15, 2011 @ 11:36
    Tim

I had something similar to this when I moved a site from dev to live. I had to recreate the Lucene indexes for Examine. To do this, go into App_Data/Temp/ExamineIndexs/ and delete the folders/files in there (take a backup first in case anything goes wrong). This will force Umbraco to recreate the indexes (it might take a minute or so depending on how much content is on the site) once files are back in the folder, you'll know the indexes have rebuilt. Once that's happened, try the search again and see if that works properly.

Dec 16, 2011 @ 09:31
    priya

Thanks for the rply i recreated the index .but its not working still..

suggest me some other way.

And i Have also checked my Examine cofig files .they are same.no modifications there.

• Phil 31 posts 53 karma points
    Dec 20, 2011 @ 01:50
    Phil

Thanks for the adivse Tim.  It didn't work for me either but good information nonetheless.  My issue with members more than likely due to that fact that I've implemented asp.net membership in lieu of umbraco members.  Everything works great with the exception of the members tree which never drops down any nodes but only spins as if it's "working".  other than that, members, groups searching and public access all work fine.  I can live with it.  I've also experimented with Blackpoint Member admin package with mixed results.

Jan 02, 2012 @ 09:37
    priya

Now as i starts the site ,i got "Requested Time out Expired" Error .

And also during publishing of the pages:(

Want to know the reason and Solution for this..

Jan 03, 2012 @ 06:24
    PCharb

Have you check the HttpRuntime in the WebConfig, because in this child you have to set the time or download size, maybe it's because of this

Hope that help 

Feb 10, 2012 @ 10:02
    priya

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how the indexing is being done with lucene.net .dll.

Actuly i have every thing working but this member search is throwing error:"Key not found in the dictonary"

I tried everything but not getting any results.So want to know the root of the problem.

Thnks in advance

Priya

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Feb 10, 2012 @ 11:15
    Tim

Hi @Priya,

As I understand it, when the Umbraco app spins up, it refreshes the indexes. The indexes are also updated when site content or a member are saved/created (in this case, just the page being edited is being saved/updated).

The "Key not found in the Dictionary" error normally happens when you're searching on a field that's not there in the list of fields. Are you searching using the member searh in the members section, or is this a custom search that you've written? Is there any useful error information in your umbracoLog table?

Feb 14, 2012 @ 07:04
    priya

Tim,

Yes i am searching using the default member search in the members section.

Error msg in umbracco log is:

At /umbraco/dashboard.aspx?app=member (Referred by: http://168.246.168.41:84/umbraco/dashboard.aspx?app=member): System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.     at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)     at umbraco.presentation.umbraco.members.MemberSearch.<ButtonSearch_Click>b__5(SearchResult x)     at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()     at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource)     at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.DataBind()     at umbraco.presentation.umbraco.members.MemberSearch.ButtonSearch_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)     at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)     at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)     at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

• Indraprasad 10 posts 30 karma points
    Mar 09, 2012 @ 07:23
    Indraprasad

thanks guys it worked for me..

• Theo Paraskevopoulos 33 posts 122 karma points
    Mar 30, 2012 @ 12:36
    Theo Paraskevopoulos

Priya, did you find a solution to this?

I am having exactly the same problem with 4.7.1 using the defaultMember Search control.

Not sure if it matters, but I am using the umbracoApprovePropertyTypeAlias to validate users' emails, tied to a boolean Member attribute called isApproved. 

Any advice or ideas?

• e 23 posts 42 karma points
    Nov 06, 2012 @ 15:31
    e

I just upgraded an old umbraco site up to 4.9, and now i'm getting this same error when trying to search for members using the default internal member search.

I receive this error:

[KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.] System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) +12686831 Examine.SearchResult.get_Item(String key) +24

When i debug into it, the item throwing the error is the 'email' field, and when inspecting the search result sure enough it isn't included in the list of columns:

results = internalSearcher.Search(query, false).Select(x => new MemberSearchResult()
                        {
                            Id = x["id"],
                            Name = x["nodeName"],
                            Email = x["email"],
                            LoginName = x["loginName"]
                        });

I tried the suggestions of deleting the indexes, but that didn't work.  I looked in the ExamineIndex.config file and email is listed there.

Any ideas why email isn't being picked up in the index?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft