Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• MartinB 411 posts 512 karma points
    Mar 17, 2011 @ 20:28
    MartinB

Making a class to handle multiple 404 pages

Hi there

Didn't quite know where to put this, so i hope this is right.

According to this article: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/how-to-implement-your-own-404-handler ; i should make my own class to handle multiple site 404 pages (they are in the same langauge).

But i'm not so umbraco tech savvy that i know how that is done (yet). Can anyone point me in the right direction or perhaps provide me with a step by step guide as to how this is done and how to "turn" off my current 404 handler in umbracoSettings.config and 404handlers.config?

All help is much appreciated!

Mar 18, 2011 @ 22:38
    MartinB

Anyone?

• Chris Randle 67 posts 181 karma points c-trib
    Jul 22, 2011 @ 14:37
    Chris Randle

Hi there,

It's a shame you didn't get help with this earlier.  The best way of doing it is to create a class that implements the umbraco.interface.INotFoundHandler interface.  Then set it in your config file.  

Try this link.  

You should follow the instructions given, and click the link at the bottom of the page to find out how to "switch off" the 404handlers.config file.

Good luck.

Jul 30, 2011 @ 20:52
    MartinB

Hi Chris

Thanks for your kind reply. I got it working through the uComponents package and some kind guidance from the people behind that package. So i skipped the whole part of messing about in code :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft