Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• montana 42 posts 63 karma points
    Oct 28, 2010 @ 21:54
    montana

APIDocs Library page gone?

http://umbraco.org/apiDocs/html/AllMembers_T_umbraco_library.htm

used to have a great API reference there... it's loading a blank page for me today.

Any Ideas of where that went? It was pretty handy.

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Oct 28, 2010 @ 22:26
    Lee Kelleher

Hi montana,

I'm not sure where that APIDocs page has gone, but the majority of the umbraco.library methods are documented on the wiki:

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/umbracolibrary

Personally, I use Reflector on the umbraco.dll as a reference for those methods.

Cheers, Lee.

Oct 28, 2010 @ 23:06
    montana

Right, it's easy enough to have python spit out all the PEMS from umbraco - but that reference was certainly handy... =(

it was nicely formatted as well...

ag shame. hope it comes back

Oct 28, 2010 @ 23:27
    Lee Kelleher

You could always generate your own API docs? Using something like Sandcastle (or nDoc, or whatever is "cool" these days) on the source from CodePlex?

As for Reflector... there is a free version too!

Cheers, Lee.

or grab Google's cache, whilst its still hot?

• Jonas Eriksson 930 posts 1825 karma points
    Nov 01, 2010 @ 09:37
    Jonas Eriksson

I'd recommend Visual Studio with the IronPython plugin if you're not using that already + Reflector. +1 that the (auto) docs should be online.

Nov 01, 2010 @ 19:11
    montana

Just curious, it was convenient - but I've already worked around it. I'll take a look at Reflector.

Was there some problem with having the lib reference online? I found it to be accurate... perhaps versioning or some business strategy to maybe obfuscate the API a little more for support rev gen purposes? [pessimistic I know, but that seems to be the fad among open source projects that become somewhat popular]

Nov 01, 2010 @ 19:21
    Lee Kelleher

Hi montana,

The wiki is open to all community members, so please do feel free to create (or update) any of the pages.

As for why was it removed - I think the APIdocs were quite out-of-date ... especially with such heavy/continuous development in the core. I highly doubt that there would be any malice behind removing it.  Recently the effort has been to shift more documentation on to the community wiki.

Cheers, Lee.

Nov 01, 2010 @ 22:16
    montana

Very good, I'll contribute what I have then. Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft