Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew 32 posts 52 karma points
    Feb 04, 2010 @ 15:10
    Andrew

Error when trying to view Document Types in Umbraco

Hello,

I'm relatively new to Umbraco and I have just encountered an error that I don't know how to fix.  Yesterday everything was fine and this morning I am getting an error.  When I click on any document type in the "settings" section of Umbraco I get the following error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.setupInfoPane() +404
       umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.OnInit(EventArgs e) +137
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +142
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +390
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1476

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4927; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4927

Has anyone seen this/know how to fix it?  Thanks for the help - I really appreciate it. 

Thanks,

Andrew

• Andrew 32 posts 52 karma points
    Feb 04, 2010 @ 16:51
    Andrew

I just tried restarting our server and that appears to have fixed the problem. 

• mosabusan 6 posts 28 karma points
    Feb 17, 2011 @ 00:39
    mosabusan

Hi, I am having the same issue right now. I do not have the luxury to restart the server at any time, however. Do you have any further information on the cause of this issue?

I am going to try these before rebooting the whole server.
    - restart the SQL service
    - restart IIS web service

Thank you.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft