Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dominic Pettifer 51 posts 50 karma points
    Jan 12, 2010 @ 13:15
    Dominic Pettifer

Umbraco Database Scheme Diagram

Is there a diagram anywhere for the Umbraco 4 database schema? I'm interested to know how all the tables relate to each other. I know I can add them into a diagram via SQL Management Studio, but not all the Umbraco tables have primary/foreign key relationships. I did a Google search and came across this http://www.wabwereld.nl/db/umbracodb.pdf But it's dated Sept 2007 which I believe would be for Umbraco v3. Are there many schema diferences between v3 and v4?

• horsted 74 posts 136 karma points
    Jan 12, 2010 @ 14:37
    horsted

Not sure this is what you are after, but Hendy has a post about the umbraco database with a database diagram.

• Hendy Racher 863 posts 3849 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    May 05, 2010 @ 08:44
    Hendy Racher

Hi,

Thought I'd update the schema diagram - this one has additional secondary keys added to the nodeId fields of the cmsContentType, cmsTemplate and cmsDataType tables; this allows additional relationships to be defined. All the relationships have been added as non-enforcing check constraints, so shouldn't cause any impact, although the addtional keys obviously require the nodeIds in the tables mentioned above to be unique. Will post SQL...

Hope this is useful,

Hendy

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft