Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt James 3 posts 23 karma points
    Sep 18, 2014 @ 21:30
    Matt James

Wrong page shown for Alternate URL

I've got a page (/typicals) with multiple Alternate URLs listed (typicalfinder, typical).  When I use one of the URLs (/typical), I get none of my content as defined by the page.  It's the right template, but none of the data shows up that should be pulled from the page (with <umbraco:Item/>).

I added this code to the top of my master page:

<!--
    <umbraco:Item field='pageID' xslt="umbraco.library:Item($currentPage/@id, 'propAlias')" runat='server' />
    <umbraco:Item field='pageID' xslt="umbraco.library:NiceUrl({0})" runat='server' />
    -->

For the main page, I get

[[[[umbraco:Item nodeId="1202" field="propAlias" ]]]]/typicals/

For the alias page, I get

[[[[umbraco:Item nodeId="1195" field="propAlias" ]]]]/

What is going on? 

1195 is the ID of my root home page.  The metaTitle and metaDescription fields on the displayed page match what is defined for the root page.  /typicalfinder, however, works properly.  There are no Alternate URLs for the home page.  There are no errors in the Windows Event log, nor in UmbracoTraceLog.txt.

Why would this not be working properly?  Where else should I be looking for this kind of error to be occurring?

Thanks,
    Matt

Sep 18, 2014 @ 21:32
    Matt James

Ok.  The sections didn't paste well.  The first one shows

umbraco:Item nodeId="1202" field="propAlias" and /typicals/

while the second shows

umbraco:Item nodeId="1195" field="propAlias" and /

Thoughts?

Oct 08, 2014 @ 16:18
    Matt James

This has gotten more interesting.  If we remove "typical" from the list of alternate urls, and re-publish the page, if the user visits /typical, the same (blank content in a known template) page loads.  So, is there something hiding in the database somewhere that still believes it knows what this page is?  If we created a page called "typical" somewhere in the past, is it possible that it's didn't get deleted properly?  Where can I begin to look for the source of this issue?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft