Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• denisedelbando 141 posts 339 karma points
    Aug 13, 2014 @ 20:50
    denisedelbando

User Permission on 6.2.1

Hello,

In our system, we have users that do not have access to some pages. But there are times we create new ones and those users we prohibit seeing those sections they can see new items.

How do i correct this?

Thank you.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Aug 13, 2014 @ 21:56
    Dennis Aaen

Hi avatart0ph,

Don´t know if this is what you are after but if you go the the user section, and open up the User permissions folder. Then you get an overview of the users that you have in your Umbraco installation if you click on the user that you want to setup permissions for, then you can limit the access.

E.g you can say that the user not should be able to see nodes, and it childs, I that it is what you are after? I have made some screenshot.

I my case I have a user called Dennis. I have removed the tick from browser node, witch means that the user not has access to the node, and then I have set a tick in Replace child node permssions, so the user Dennis can´t see the Sub textpage, Sub textpage 2, and Sub sub textpage.

When I log in with the user Dennis he can see this.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• denisedelbando 141 posts 339 karma points
    Aug 27, 2014 @ 17:18
    denisedelbando

thanks dennis. how do i reset so that it goes by role instead?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Aug 27, 2014 @ 19:25
    Dennis Aaen

Hi avatart0ph,

I think that you need to do a combination on the method that I have described in the above post, and setting permissions on the user types too. In there you find administrator and editor writer. You can make your own too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Zl3mP9K0Q

I would recommend you to see this video, maybe it can help you.

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft