Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jacob phillips 130 posts 372 karma points
    Apr 23, 2014 @ 00:14
    jacob phillips

unhandled exception error when trying to login

I'm getting the following error when trying to login to Umbraco 4.9.1 (SQL Server 2008 (not R2) running on WINS 2008):

ArgumentNullException 
       Value cannot be null. Parameter name: source at System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate) at umbraco.BusinessLogic.User.GetApplications() at umbraco.BusinessLogic.User.get_Applications() at umbraco.cms.presentation._umbraco.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)  
       http://<edited>/umbraco/umbraco.aspx 
       /umbraco/umbraco.aspx 

This seemed to come on after the transaction log filled up all the disk space on the server. After backing up the transaction log and truncating the log (and deleting the cache, and recycling the app pool), the error remained. So, next, I restored a backup of the database from several days earlier, still, same error when trying to login.

I saw this post:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/40155-HttpUnhandledException-when-trying-to-login-to-Umbraco

But, that error is really specific to ASP.NET temp files which does not seem to be the case here.

Does anyone have any ideas?

• jacob phillips 130 posts 372 karma points
    Apr 23, 2014 @ 01:48
    jacob phillips

As described in this post, the applications.config file in ~/config/ was wiped out.

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/36945-Backend-not-working

I had a copy in a dev site replaced the blank version; all is well.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <applications>
      <add alias="content" name="Content" icon=".traycontent" sortOrder="0" />
      <add alias="media" name="Media" icon=".traymedia" sortOrder="1" />
      <add alias="settings" name="Settings" icon=".traysettings" sortOrder="2" />
      <add alias="developer" name="Developer" icon=".traydeveloper" sortOrder="3" />
      <add alias="users" name="Users" icon=".trayusers" sortOrder="4" />
      <add alias="member" name="Members" icon=".traymember" sortOrder="5" />
      <add alias="translation" name="Translation" icon=".traytranslation" sortOrder="6" />
      <add alias="contour" name="Umbraco Contour" icon="contour.png" sortOrder="10" />
      <add alias="changepassword" name="Change Password" icon="changepassword.gif" sortOrder="11" />
      <add alias="concierge" name="Concierge" icon="concierge.png" sortOrder="12" />
    </applications>

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft