Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Charles 42 posts 63 karma points
    Mar 20, 2014 @ 07:59
    Charles

Created Template, but it's useless and get 404 Error on page url instead... How to unblock it?

I asked this question on stackoverflow, located here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22524400/creating-a-template-in-umbraco-but-how-to-unblock-it-instead-i-get-404-error-o

Just don't want to repeat myself, but I can't use any new templates that are created, seems that the there is a UrlAlias assigned to the Content Document Type and even if I create a new Document Type with the same property UrlAlias, it does not render the page, but instead gives me a 404 Error. This has to be custom coding, which I provided in the question on Stack Overflow. But where do I look to find out why I can't add a template and use it??

Any help is greatly appreciated!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 20, 2014 @ 10:09
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Charles

Could you ellaborate a bit more on your setup? What version of Umbraco are you using and are you using MSSQL and IIS? What version of IIS? Have you done any API integration in Umbraco or on the site?

Has it been acting up like this all the time or has it just began recently?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

• Charles 42 posts 63 karma points
    Mar 25, 2014 @ 00:27
    Charles

Hello Jan, I solved the problem. I was using urlAlias, instead of umbracoUrlAlias for the URL's property of that document type and that's why it didn't work.

Cheers :)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 25, 2014 @ 00:40
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Charles

Happy to hear you got it figured out :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft