Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Damian Green 452 posts 1433 karma points
    Feb 14, 2014 @ 11:44
    Damian Green

No mini profiler in 6.1.6

I have has a similar problem before that was never resolved ( http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/43752-Mini-Profiler-not-showing-in-613 ) and in both instances the site had been upgraded from v4.

I now have a site that is runnign 6.1.6 and i am again unable to get the mini profiler output.  I am also not getting any error information when I hav an error in a macropartial where i am calling Umbraco.RenderMacro() which is making it doule hard to debug.

I checked the following:

umbraco debug enabled

trace enabled

debug enabled

customerrors off

i get rte for normal errors in partials

i have passed both umbDebug=true and umbdebugshowtrace=true in the query string and both do nothing

No idea now why mini profiler or macro errors not showing up.

Anyone cast any light on this?

Thanks

Feb 14, 2014 @ 13:17
    Damian Green

i was getting this

/mini-profiler-resources/includes.js?v=xwYPDDH1blvqmxgsBweNC++H7CFU3KGQ+zFcVlJPsXw= 404 (Not Found) 

so added this to the handlers:

<add path="mini-profiler-resources/*" verb="*" type="System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule" validate="false" />

I now get a profiler showing but when i put it on the staging server im still getting the js 404 error.

Almost there! :) All the settings are the same with respect to debug etc...

Feb 24, 2014 @ 13:08
    Damian Green

Not getting this on the server (thankfully) but on my local dev machine when i am now trying to fire up the site i am getting this error:

Could not load type 'Umbraco.Core.Profiling.ProfilingViewEngine' from assembly 'Umbraco.Core, Version=1.0.5021.24867

[TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Umbraco.Core.Profiling.ProfilingViewEngine' from assembly 'Umbraco.Core, Version=1.0.5021.24867, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.]
       Umbraco.Web.WebBootManager.Complete(Action`1 afterComplete) +0
       Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase.StartApplication(Object sender, EventArgs e) +157
       Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) +9

And then the next request I receive:

Resolution is not frozen, it is not yet possible to get values from it.

[InvalidOperationException: Resolution is not frozen, it is not yet possible to get values from it.]
       Umbraco.Core.ObjectResolution.Resolution.EnsureIsFrozen() +57
       Umbraco.Core.ObjectResolution.SingleObjectResolverBase`2.get_Value() +42
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoContext.EnsureContext(HttpContextBase httpContext, ApplicationContext applicationContext, Boolean replaceContext) +73
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.BeginRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext) +295
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.<Init>b__5(Object sender, EventArgs e) +252
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +136
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69

Wonder if this is linked to my issue of the profiler not working? 

• Paul Stoker 39 posts 72 karma points c-trib
    Feb 28, 2014 @ 16:50
    Paul Stoker

Hi Damian, this and your previous question sound like the problem is with your machine. Is there another machine you can install and try this on? Atleast if that works on a separate machine you've isolated the problem.

I have it running on my copy of an upgraded 4.7.2 - 6.1.6

I didn't need to change anything in the web.config either

Mar 01, 2014 @ 13:31
    Damian Green

I'll try a clean install of a 6.1.6 site on the same box and see if i get issues. And if i do try a clean install on another server ive got access to.

Its starting to really hamper me.

Thanks for commenting.  I'll update when i give it a go.

Mar 03, 2014 @ 10:50
    Damian Green

OK ive installed a clean shiny new 6.1.6 site and i am getting the error i was above:

http://profilertest.com/mini-profiler-resources/includes.js?v=xwYPDDH1blvqmxgsBweNC++H7CFU3KGQ+zFcVlJPsXw=

and no profiler. So its having trouble calling the handler for the the mini profiler. 

I tried adding the handler again and still get the same error.

path="mini-profiler-resources/*"verb="*"type="System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule"validate="false"/>

So there must be something amiss with the server/iis.

Any ideas?

This is IIS6 by the way.

Mar 03, 2014 @ 11:47
    Damian Green

Sussed it!!

I had to add a wilcard mapping to IIS to get it to handle all files (i tried with just js but you end up with loads of other errors).

I also made a change to the handler as the UtlRoutingModule says it doesnt implement IHttHandler! So this is what i now have in the web.config:

<add path="mini-profiler-resources/*" verb="*" type="System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingHandler"/>

And i just mapped the wildcard to the isapi dll and unticked the check file exists.

c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll

We now have a mini profiler on my test site! Lets try the one i was having the problem on now.

Mar 03, 2014 @ 12:07
    Damian Green

Just to add - looks like you dont even need the handler once you add the wirldcard mapping.

I guess this is similar to the runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests in IIS7+

• Steve 6 posts 27 karma points
    Apr 19, 2014 @ 17:40
    Steve

We are getting the same issue with local installs of vanilla Umbraco.  Each of our developers have Windows 7 with IIS 7.5.  What steps do we follow to get the handler properly setup?  I tried adding a Wildcard Script Map with Request path = "*" and Executable = "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll" both at the Server level and the Site level and that didn't do anything.  Would appreciate some guidance on setting this up for IIS 7.5.

Thanks!

-Steve

Apr 22, 2014 @ 11:46
    Damian Green

I've not had to do this in IIS7+ as I thought it did it by default? I will give it a try if i get chance.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft