Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    Jan 10, 2014 @ 12:21
    Simon Dingley

Umbraco v4.11.10 Caching Problems

This post is closely related to the topic and site being discussed in v4.11.10 Razor Script Performance Issues

We have a site which currently has 6 different language versions, each language version has its own content managed by the individual country manager but all share the same doctypes and structure, macros and templates. The homepages were suffering considerable performance issues when loading for the first time and some of this has now been mitigated by the work in the above mentioned thread however there are still issues affecting the page load times.

One of the problems that has become apparent today is that every time a site editors publishes a document the macro cache is cleared across all sites. So on a site which is being constantly updated this makes the caching mechanism effectively null and void. Am I correct in my findings? How do others get around this on large sites that are being actively edited throughout the day.

I've worked with Umbraco since v3 and I've never really hit these problems before because none of the sites have been on this scale but given the time differences between the countries involved and the volume of pages in each site almost every visitor to the site gets hit with an unacceptable page load time.

Thoughts? Inevitably the first piece of advice would be to upgrade to v6+, this will hopefully happen this year but not yet due to time and budget.

Thanks, Simon

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft