Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fernando Susena 6 posts 56 karma points
    Oct 01, 2013 @ 16:07
    Fernando Susena

IIS error on "Save & Publish" after using "ç" on PageName

Hi Everyone, Im a pretty amateurish Umbraco user, I'm currently working on a site for a friend and I stumbled upon this issue I cant seem to find why it is happening.

Umbraco threw an IIS error when I first saved a node named "français" This is the error in question:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       UmbracoExamine.UmbracoEventManager.content_AfterUpdateDocumentCache(Document sender, DocumentCacheEventArgs e) +35
       umbraco.DocumentCacheEventHandler.Invoke(Document sender, DocumentCacheEventArgs e) +0
       umbraco.content.FireAfterUpdateDocumentCache(Document sender, DocumentCacheEventArgs e) +135
       umbraco.content.UpdateDocumentCache(Document d) +1755
       umbraco.content.UpdateDocumentCache(Int32 pageId) +119
       umbraco.library.UpdateDocumentCache(Int32 DocumentId) +195
       umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.Publish(Object sender, EventArgs e) +785
       System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.savePublish(Object Sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) +164
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e) +186
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +164
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3706

I did change the name to "francais" afterwards but the problem persists... even if I delete and recreate the page with the same "francais" name.

Upon researching on the forums, it appears that the "ç" character may have indeed caused this.
    Is it possible that the Versioning Umbraco keeps for this page is causing this? I tried to find a way to purge the old versions somehow but I've been unsucessful. Can this be done from the database... somehow?

Or maybe I'm off the mark and this is caused by something else. If the community can help me it would be awesome.

Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft