Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Scott 69 posts 146 karma points
    May 14, 2013 @ 15:33
    Scott

Multi-lingual and forcing language change in the querystring

We have a 1:1 multi-lingual site, its working great, we have 3 languages each running under a distinct hostname etc etc. That's all working fine. But I have a strange scenerio where I might need a page to load under one language regardless of the site I'm in. i.e. I go to www.myspanishsite.com/somepage.aspx?lang=en and that page will load in English. (And yes this is a strange scenario and one I'm looking to avoid so no need to comment just to tell me that) And I'm getting it to work fine by updating the template for that page, checking for the querystring value and setting the culture info. It works well. But where I can't seem to figure out how to change the language is with the dictionary items. Regardless of where I put a culture info chage, in my master templates page_load, in the current pages template etc, the dictionary items always remain true to the default language for the site I'm using. So is it possible, to somehow with code, tell umbraco to use the dictionary items for language 'x' regardless of which language the site is set to use? 

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft