Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• kabir 2 posts 22 karma points
    Mar 20, 2013 @ 13:47
    kabir

How to retrieve data from database

Hi,

I have a database in MySql. I need to import that database to Umbraco  if can not in umbraco then can import to  sqlserver management studio.

Later I need to retrieve or store some data from and to the tables.

Can anyone suggest me how can I do that?

Thank you

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 20, 2013 @ 23:41
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kabir and welcome to our :)

What kind of data do you need to import into Umbraco? Perhaps the CMS import package is an option for you to do that?

I suppose it's an external database you need to update with some kind of data? Could you ellaborate a bit more specifically on what it is you're going to do with the data in the MySQL database?

Cheers,
    Jan 

• kabir 2 posts 22 karma points
    Mar 21, 2013 @ 07:40
    kabir

Hi Jan,

1. I have a database in MySql. For example there are 10 tables, like product table,customer table and so on. I want to import those first in Umbraco. I have nothing to do in MySql. 

2. I also need  to know how can I retrieve or store data from or to the database using Umbraco.

Thank you

Kabir

Mar 23, 2013 @ 13:47
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kabir

Ok, think I'm getting it now.

I think you should still keep the data in your MySQL database since it's not really data that you want to have in the Umbraco database. You can fetch the and use the data using some C# code and you will also be able to update the database using some C# code.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's 100% possible to integrate 3rd party data into your website.

Hope this answers your question :)

/Jan

• Ruel Baybayan 6 posts 26 karma points
    Jun 27, 2013 @ 01:01
    Ruel Baybayan

Hi Kabir,

Im a newbie to umbraco; any actual sample to connect to external mysql dbase and perform Retrieve, Insert, Update and Delete function to the dBase.

Thanks,

Ruel

Jun 27, 2013 @ 01:16
    Ruel Baybayan

Hi Kabir,

As soon as I send the post, I received this spam email from this address: [email protected].

regards,

Ruel

Jun 29, 2013 @ 23:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ruel

Usually the e-mails sent by the [email protected] are replies to the thread, which might be of interest to you.

Unfortunately we're currently suffering some heavy spamming on the forum but we¨re trying to keep it to a minimum. And as you can see potentiel spam that might have been in this thread has been removed. However we can¨t ensure that spam comments don't get mailed by the robot unfortunately.

Cheers,
    Jan 

Jun 30, 2013 @ 17:41
    Ruel Baybayan

Hi Jan,

Is there any snippets that we can connect to external dBase to perform CRUD operation?

I appreciate your kind assistance to provide a sample and direction.

Regards,

Ruel

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft