Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chirdeep Tomar 8 posts 28 karma points
    Jan 30, 2013 @ 12:22
    Chirdeep Tomar

Umbraco Architecture

I am trying to implement a group of websites backed by Umbraco. All the sites are very similar and sites will have about 95% reads.

My architecture so far includes:

DDD/Repositories(SQL Server) but want to switch to Mongo for ReadyOnly Queries in future. Service Layer WebAPI

I want to keep most of my domain logic outside Umbraco so I can utilise it through the API to create Apps in future if I need to. I only want the content written by the content editors to be saved in Umbraco. Yes, I know Umbraco and do magic stuff(create forms) and I can use its content API to get the data out it but I still don't want to create forms and store my domain data in Umbraco. I want full control on how my data in structured in the backend.

So further to the design, I have got a set of shared UserControls that talk to the WebAPI and can to deployed to various instances of Umbraco depicting different websites.

I have a very basic prototype working. The issue I have creating hyperlinks to pages in Umbraco, as I am embedding UserControls to a Umbraco Page. I think this is a easily solvable problem.

I am looking for feedback and input on how can I make this better. Also, if experts can point out a potential problem with this going forward.

Any input will be much appreciated.

Thanks Chirdeep

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft