Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Scott 69 posts 146 karma points
    Mar 27, 2012 @ 20:44
    Scott

Classic asp virtual under umbraco

Ok, I'll admit upfront that this isn't exactly an umbraco question. I'm migrating a web app that was originally in classic asp to umbraco. My plan was to migrate part of it, and the parts that weren't going to be migrated I would put in another folder on the server and then make it accessible as a virtual directory. And this is on IIS7 Win2008kr2. My problem is with my sessions. My classic asp relies heavily on session variables. It seems the .asp pages in the root of my virtual directory are not accessible by any pagse in any subdirectories under it, and vice-versa. I put in a little debug code to list out all of my session variables, and as I go from virtual directories root, to .asp in subdirectory of virtual, there's nothing in the list. And if I add a session variable from a page in that sub folderand then go back to the page in the root of the virtual, I dont see that new variable. They are maintaining their own copies of session. I thought maybe I needed to convert my virtual to an application but then I ran into all kinds of problems with it conflicting with the umbraco apps web.config. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft