Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• umbracocool 108 posts 197 karma points
    Feb 01, 2012 @ 21:23
    umbracocool

PHP can be integrated with umbraco?

I wonder if you can integrate PHP with Umbraco, either by a <iframe>, etc ...
  • Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 01, 2012 @ 22:54
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Umbraco cool

You should be able to iframe content from a php based site into an Umbraco website, yes.

Otherwise I think the best alternative option is a Hive provider (If you by any chance are already using v5 and know about how to deal with the Hive and create Hive provider) :-)

Do you have any doubts on how to inser the iframe in a Umbraco context?

/Jan

• umbracocool 108 posts 197 karma points
    Feb 01, 2012 @ 23:15
    umbracocool

Is a good practice, the combined use of PHP with Umbraco?. I am not  ASP.NET developer , but I like the way umbraco work. 

With regard to the Iframe, it would create a folder in "myProjectUmbraco / myProjectPHP" and then load it with an iframe as follows:

<iframe name="myFrame" src="myProjectPHP/index.php" width="500" height="370" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Thank you very much!

• Cole Benson 1 post 21 karma points
    Feb 02, 2012 @ 13:25
    Cole Benson

Hello,

You should be able to iframe content from a php based site into an Umbraco website, yes.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks & Regards,

Cole

• Rodion Novoselov 694 posts 859 karma points
    Feb 02, 2012 @ 16:07
    Rodion Novoselov

I think if you have a good deal of spare time you could create a php-based rendering engine for ASP.NET (exactly like Razor) and plumb it to Umbraco. So that you will be able to create the whoole Umbraco site entirely in PHP :-)

(Though, I'm already scared half to death by the idea :-)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 02, 2012 @ 19:15
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Umbracocool

Yup, inserting the iframe in a template or saving it in a textbox multiple datatype and rendering it using xslt/razor should do the trick for you using a simple iframe.

As I said before if you're in doubt how it all works inside Umbraco, please let us know so we can help you further :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft