Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• saif 68 posts 88 karma points
    Jan 09, 2012 @ 16:00
    saif

web user controls

Hi All,

I am newbie and I have to use lot of web user controls like repeaters, dropdownlists, gridview and etc... on my web site.  Please could you advise me which is the best way to use and maintain them. Please don't paste the link of user control video available on umbraco.tv  I already watched and implemented that one as well.

Any Ideas?

every little support much be appreciated.

kind regards

Saif

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jan 09, 2012 @ 16:11
    Jeroen Breuer

Here is a wiki with some samples on how to databind a CheckBoxList (but you can use it for any of the web controls you mentioned).

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/code-snippets/databind-node-children

Jeroen

Jan 09, 2012 @ 16:34
    saif

Thank you Jeroen for quick reply.

sorry I could not explained properly what I am looking for. I have no problem with user controls and data binding. I have already done in very simple way in c# code. I have no problem with code.

I never used xslt but I will.

Let me explain my question in this way.

I have created very simple web site with Master, home, login and text page. I have put the login control on login template which is working perfectly.

Q: Let suppose I have created all macros of required controls and  I want at least two different controls on every page in Content section.

Pages                         controls

Home

About us

Contact us

News and events             repeater

All schools List                 need to display data in gridview and dropdown list

Childern (SEN)                  check boxes, radio buttons, and gridview.

Do I need to create all pages one by one in Settings --> Template --> section and put all controls on required pages or there is any other way such as I create a page like Controls(in Template section) and put all user controls on the page and inherit all pages (in Content section) from Controls (Template).

I am sorry if it is still too complicated and too short explaination.

Jan 09, 2012 @ 16:38
    saif

Thank you Jeroen for quick reply.

sorry I could not explained properly what I am looking for. I have no problem with user controls and data binding. I have already done in very simple way in c# code. I have no problem with code.

I never used xslt but I will.

Let me explain my question in this way.

I have created very simple web site with Master, home, login and text page. I have put the login control on login template which is working perfectly.

Q: Let suppose I have created all macros of required controls and  I want at least two different controls on every page in Content section.

Pages                         controls

Home

About us

Contact us

News and events             repeater

All schools List                 need to display data in gridview and dropdown list

Childern (SEN)                  check boxes, radio buttons, and gridview.

Do I need to create all pages one by one in Settings --> Template --> section and put all controls on required pages or there is any other way such as I create a page like Controls(in Template section) and put all user controls on the page and inherit all pages (in Content section) from Controls (Template).

I am sorry if it is still too complicated and too short explaination.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft