Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Blair 466 posts 731 karma points
    Oct 31, 2010 @ 22:19
    Paul Blair

Client Dependency woes - refresh cache?

I have just completed a website and moved from a temporary URL to the lvie URL.

Since doing so I have come up with the familiar unformatted umbraco login page. I have deleted the ClientDependancy directory to force a refresh of the cache but a new directory is not being created.

The only way I can now access the Umbraco back-end is if I make debug="true" in my web.config to disable client dependancy but this is not ideal for a live site...

Any ideas on what else I can try?

Thanks

Paul

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Nov 01, 2010 @ 02:27
    Aaron Powell

Change the version number in the client dependency config file, that'll server it out on a new URL so even browser cache wont have it

Nov 01, 2010 @ 23:32
    Paul Blair

Thanks fo the reply - I have tried that but there was no difference. I have deleted the ClientDependancy folder. Should a new folder be created?

I can add images to the media section (which creates a new fodler as well) so I'm pretty sure the permissions are set up correctly...

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Nov 01, 2010 @ 23:52
    Aaron Powell

So you've checked that the user who owns the AppPool has full access to the App_Data folder?

A new CD folder will only be created when the AppPool recycles.

Nov 02, 2010 @ 01:14
    Paul Blair

Hi Slace, thanks for your help. It seems CD was only a symtom of my problems and not the cause.

I went back through the web.config file and the entire handlers section was missing from the <system.webServer> section. This section was present on my dev machine so the only way I think it could have been deleted was when I added a mime type extension through my hosts (SoftSys) interface. This added a new <staticContent> section to the <system.webServer> section in the web.config. And it appears to have removed the handlers section at the same time so something to watch out for the future.

Anyway, all good now :)

Thanks

Paul

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft