Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Raheel 62 posts 81 karma points
    Sep 17, 2010 @ 17:06
    Raheel

Will Umbraco 5 & Live Editing be Free?

Hi guys..

Its great to see awesome news on what Umbraco 5 will include with extra functions.

I also saw the video of live editing at: http://umbraco.org/blog/2008/8/30/podcast-7---the-live-editing-progress

I am thinking, these are some great stuff... There is a company "Telerik" who had a community version CMS (Free) and a commercial version, they pretty much discontinued community version CMS (Free) after their upgrade..

Umbraco has a pretty strong community and I hope the structures remain the same.
    Just wanted to know if any one has any ideas of the Live Editing tool bar and Umbraco 5 will be counted as free or an upgrade package like contour.

Cheers
    Raheel

• Simon Justesen 436 posts 203 karma points
    Sep 17, 2010 @ 17:32
    Simon Justesen

I can safely say that Umbraco 5 will be free, you can then choose to pay for support and other stuff if you like. The live editing toolbar is part of every umbraco install (since v4) so no extra charge there either.

• Steen Tøttrup 191 posts 291 karma points c-trib
    Sep 17, 2010 @ 17:35
    Steen Tøttrup

No doubt Umbraco 5 will be open source (and free). That was the clear message at CodeGarden 2010.

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Sep 18, 2010 @ 01:28
    Aaron Powell

We have a forum dedicated to v5 questions: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/umbraco-5-general-discussion

As for staying free, yes we'll always be an open source project, that is why Umbraco was started, that is the philosophy of Umbraco so don't expect it to change. Besides Niels would never let it happen.

Live Editing is free at the moment, why would you think that would change?

• Raheel 62 posts 81 karma points
    Sep 18, 2010 @ 02:00
    Raheel

Because its too good to be true! 

Thanks to every one for still keeping it Opensource and Free.
    Its defiantly the best CMS around.

--

Cheers
    Raheel

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft