Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Felix 46 posts 67 karma points
    Aug 04, 2010 @ 08:29
    Felix

audit trail - 2 publishes

hi,

just wondering, why is it that when you publish an item ,it creates 2 publish actions in the audit trail simultaneously? same date/time stamp too.

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Aug 04, 2010 @ 09:57
    Ismail Mayat

Felix,

Do you have any action handlers installed?

Regards

Ismail

Aug 05, 2010 @ 01:52
    Felix

hi Ismail, only one, the one that uses a Log.Notify, that shouldnt cause another "Publish" action though.

im runing umbraco v 4.0.4.1, i also have several instances of umbraco running different websites set up on different servers, they all do the same thing. Ismail, this doesnt happen with you.. ?

• Dibar 92 posts 74 karma points
    Aug 05, 2010 @ 02:34
    Dibar

I see two publish log entries for most publishes using 4.5.1 with no additional handlers active. Looking at the log I can see a couple that aren't duplicated, but for the most part any Publish is followed soon thereafter by another. Sometimes up to a a few seconds elapse, though.

Aug 05, 2010 @ 03:26
    Felix

thanks xander, its not just me then.

is this a bug then(someone forgot to take out a line of publish somewhere in the code)? or is the second publish actually doing something behind the scenes?

Aug 05, 2010 @ 03:29
    Felix

thanks xander, its not just me then.

is this a bug then(someone forgot to take out a line of publish somewhere in the code)? or is the second publish actually doing something behind the scenes?

• Tammy 16 posts 36 karma points
    Jul 12, 2012 @ 10:44
    Tammy

i am using 4.7 and i am having the same behavior too.

• Dallas 132 posts 404 karma points
    Aug 02, 2012 @ 21:48
    Dallas

I am also getting multiple Publish events in the Audit trail. It only occurs when you click Save & Publish on the tool bar. There is only one Publish event if you select publish from the context menu.

This makes the Rollback feature a little more confusing as it adds extra versions to the drop down with the same time stamp.

This is using 4.7.1.

• Dallas 132 posts 404 karma points
    Aug 02, 2012 @ 22:49
    Dallas

In an attempt to get to the bottom of this I had a look through the source code.

When using Save & Publish from the toolbar, the document is not being published twice. The Audit trail contains two events as the Publish event is being logged twice. It is logged by the PublishWithResult() method ( the method that does the actual publishing ) and it is also logged by the presentation layer ( in EditContent.aspx.cs  ). 

When publishing from the context menu, the EditContent.aspx is not involved and we only have one Publish event in the audit trail.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft