Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Felix 46 posts 67 karma points
    Aug 02, 2010 @ 06:10
    Felix

comments on nodes within the CMS

hi guys,

i notice currently that the audit trail has a field called "comments" which for the most part is completely blank, and sometimes umbraco puts in certain system messages within this field. 

I have a situation where it is a requirement for comments to be added to any given node within the CMS before being able to publish the page. This way there will be an audit trail of comments on all nodes within the CMS so admins can go and look up what users have written.

I had a look around and could not find anything that did this, anyone have any tips design wise on what the best way to do this would be, where should i get started?

Thanks in advance!

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Aug 02, 2010 @ 10:10
    Ismail Mayat

Felix,

The actual code to put something in the comments is i think

Log.Add(LogTypes.Notify, pageId,message); 

I have only ever done this via an action handler where I test for something and if the test fails then I stop page publish and log message in audit trail.  I guess you will also need to implement action handler but how to create popup  form to capture comment from the action handler that may be tricky.  The other option which will be easier but not fool proof would be to create your won context menu action call with whatever you like (Publish with comment ??) and get that to pop up,capture and log comment then publish.  

Only issue is you would have to educate your users on using that publish menu item and not the standard one see unpublish package on how to create your own context menu item http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/context-menu-publish-manager source code is available.

Regards

Ismail

• Felix 46 posts 67 karma points
    Aug 04, 2010 @ 06:57
    Felix

perfect, thanks Ismail ! :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft