Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ian Smedley 97 posts 192 karma points
    Jul 02, 2010 @ 16:49
    Ian Smedley

Edit Prevalue dropdowns

I've had a quick search, but can't find the answer to this, I've set up a dropdown datatype, and populated it with some data, I now need to edit the data, as the client has sent through new naming conventions, I don't want to have to delete and re-create the values, and update each content item that refers to them..

How do you update/amend/edit existing prevalue, values?

I'm using 4.0.x by the way..

• Ian Smedley 97 posts 192 karma points
    Jul 02, 2010 @ 17:03
    Ian Smedley

OK, I've worked out what to do, 

1.) Edit the values in the cmsDataTypePreValues table, using SQL Server or similar.

2.) All API based calls will now use the new values, but the XML cache will still be outdated, in my case this meant the search wasn't working, simple fix, just tell umbraco to publish (not republish) the nodes affected, sit back and wait for it to complete.

3.) That's it - no third step, values have been updated.

Maybe there could be an edit feature in the future, I realise the XML needs re-generating, but that's quicker than doing each node by hand!!

• ddella 8 posts 28 karma points
    Jun 06, 2011 @ 16:43
    ddella

Isn't there a way to add this new feature in the back-end ?

May be there is a package for that...

• Gordon Saxby 1444 posts 1855 karma points
    Jun 06, 2011 @ 16:50
    Gordon Saxby

The latest version of Umbraco (4.7), and probably a few beforehand (?!), allow you to click on the value text (left hand column) - you can then directly edit the text. Don't forget to save the changes though!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft