Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Felix 46 posts 67 karma points
    Jun 29, 2010 @ 10:56
    Felix

help! No Node Exists Error!

hi all,

at the moment if i click on any page within the website i get an object reference not set to instance of an object error.

if i then go and look at the document type of the page. its type is structured as followed

Parent Page

Text Page ( inherits parent page )

now when i click on parent page document type within the deverloper section, i get an error saying "No node exists with ID 1446", if i click on the text page datatype, it loads ok.

no when i look into the database, table, "umbracoNode" i can see that node ID 1447 is the "Multiple Media Picker", prior to this a while ago, i had deleted the "Multiple Content Picker" datatype, which must have had an ID of 1446.

I guess my question is, where in the DB can i find the relationship between a document type and the data type so  ican manaually alter/ delete the entry for where my Parent page document type links to the multiple content picker datatype.

thanks heaps!

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Jun 29, 2010 @ 11:06
    Rich Green

It might be easier to set the data type ID field of the node that you have an issue with to an ID of a datatype that exists (like simple text) and then delete the field or change it's datatype in the UI.

If this doesn't help then check out this blog post which will give you a layout of the db schema.

http://blog.hendyracher.co.uk/umbraco-database-part-1/

Make sure you back up your database in case tinkering with the database makes your issue worse.

Rich 

• Steen Tøttrup 191 posts 291 karma points c-trib
    Jun 29, 2010 @ 11:12
    Steen Tøttrup

If you look in the table cmsPropertyType, you should be able to locate the the "missing" id in the dataTypeId column? I'm not sure whether there are any other places you should look, but... and as Rich said, make a back-up before doing any changes directly in the database.

regards,

Steen

Jun 29, 2010 @ 11:15
    Felix

Thanks for the very prompt reply Rich.

That link is very useful.

I created a new datatype with similar properties as the one i deleted and changed the data type ID field to that new type, this fixed everything and retained all data too.

Thanks again.

Jun 29, 2010 @ 11:17
    Felix

Thanks Steen, i was typing up that reply as you were posting :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft